This role is located in Milford, Indiana. Milford is a beautiful Midwest town with affordable living and exceptional school systems. Milford is just a short drive to several larger cities and attractions (1 hr to Fort Wayne or South Bend, 2 hours to Chicago or Indianapolis, 2.5 hours to Lake Erie and 1.5 hours to Lake Michigan). This is a great location for anyone looking to end long commutes and live in a scenic area while still maintaining access to big city amenities!
Want to be a part of a global, high-tech company that is launching innovative agricultural solutions and experiencing phenomenal growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Enjoy working in an environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done?
Then, Chore-Time has a place for you!
Who We Are:
Chore-Time is a division of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, and we are a global organization that is built around a commitment to bringing improved productivity to the poultry industry. From the feed bins to the fans, you can count on Chore-Time to deliver the best solution. We have a long-standing tradition of demonstrating inspirational leadership through the innovation, development, and enhancement of our products for more than 60 years. We attribute our success to our company’s ability to engage in the on-going development of technological advancements that meet the ever-changing needs of leading poultry industry producers. And with these advancements, we are feeding the world with proven poultry production systems and products that are Made to Work. Built to Last. ® So, as a team member, you will be a strong contributor to our mission in developing new technologies that help feed the world!
Our Vision: Leadership through Innovation®
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Profit Sharing, Holiday Bonus & 401k
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement & Dependent Scholarship Program
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Product Design Engineer, you will design, develop, and create innovative poultry components and equipment to meet customer expectations and business goals.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- You will meet with customers, dealers, and network to establish product needs within the industry, as well as research competitive product lines, to create new or enhanced products that will drive business goals.
- You will manage the design, layout, specifications, and testing of the new or enhanced plastics or ventilation components/products to ensure the quality, timing, resources, and costs meet the overall expected results of the project.
- You will lead, collaborate, and communicate with project team members to direct the detailed product design and implementation, ensuring a best practice approach for optimal implementation results.
- You will travel to assist with installations, meetings, and trade shows through the U.S. and Internationally to ensure the Voice of the Customer is integrated in every part of the processes.
- Education: BS degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or a related field; will also consider an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 2+ years of experience with plastic part design, ventilation, fluid mechanics, or product design within an agricultural or farming environment preferred; will consider an entry level person with strong aptitude for the role preferably with related experience/understanding of poultry husbandry and housing.
- Functional Skills: Strong foundational understanding of engineering and mechanical principles to design parts that include motors, mechanical power components, sheet metal parts, injection mold and extruded plastic parts, material flow, air movement/cooling systems, and movement of material (i.e. feed, eggs, and waste). The position requires strong analytical, problem-solving, conceptual, project management, time management, and organizational skills to take ideas, design a product, and execute to meet market needs. A familiarity with CE European product standards would be a plus.
- Technology Skills: Strong skill set in AutoCAD / 3D CAD programming (inventor / Vault); ERP system experience is a plus (JD Edwards preferred); Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel) required as well.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; will present ideas and outlines to management team, vendors, and customers.
- Leadership Behaviors: Ability to work with an experienced team, who is collaborative and supportive. Can learn quickly to move past barriers and be a strong influencer to get things done to own the role.
- Culture Match: Excellent abstract thinking; creative, conceptual thinker with a solid common-sense approach to create solutions and push through obstacles.
- Core Value Fit: High Integrity, Dependability, who can handle confidential information well. Will also be Customer-Focused, Cost Conscious, Strives for Excellence, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Will also be able to visit farms and interact with customers in a professional, well-received way.
Other Important Information:
Position Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for bonus & profit sharing! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (schedule can be flexible; will work approx. 8 – 9 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends required (when applicable); typically, 40-45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: None
Travel: Approximately 10 – 20% on average
Work Conditions: Will work in the office and in the field