Human Resources Generalist Job Summary
Perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers. Human resource generalists are trained to perform both administrative and strategic hiring duties and planning. HR Generalists recruit and place workers, train and onboard, and help guide new employees through the complicated process of benefits and compensation. HR represents both the employee and the company and handles employee relations. Human Resources Generalists also have the crucial task of complying with all local, state, and federal regulations for HR. The ideal candidate will be organized, experienced, and a dedicated strategist and planner. This position will be at our North Lake Location.
At Schumacher Auto, it is our mission to "Serve Customers for Life". Commitment to our customers and providing quality service is evident in our world class state of the art facilities, world-class products, and the finest employees in the industry.
Human Resources Generalist Duties and Responsibilities
- Heavy Recruiting and interviewing potential applicants on experience, skills, and education
- Update job requirements when needed
- Analyzes staffing logistics and organizes documentation
- Contact applicant references and perform background checks required by the company
- Organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs
- Explain and provide information on employee benefits, programs, and education. May also advise on benefits needs or evaluate benefit contract bids.
- Cover all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements
- Maintain employee records and paperwork
- Represent employer in the community and recruiting events
- Answer employee questions and addresses employee concerns with the company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Manages committees on, training, safety, culture, and communications as needed
- Orientation On-Boarding for all employees
Human Resources Generalist Requirements and Qualifications
- Possesses superb written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Require a bachelor�s degree in human resources, business, or a related field, or extensive prior experience in human resources
- Three to five plus years of experience in human resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
The Schumacher organization strives through the hard work and sincere commitment of their team of over 800 employees to provide the best automotive shopping and service experience available.