This person will be a helper for the marine department basically doing whatever is needed to help with the production process to include:
- General machine shop cleanup, sweeping/mopping floors. Will be cleaning stainless steel parts and doing basic shop help initially
2) Basic machine maintenance I.E. adding oils and coolants to machines, lubing ways of machines.
3) Keeping stock of all bulk solvents, oils and abrasives.
4) Use of different air and electric power tools I.E. 4" grinders, die grinders, hand drills, mag drills ETC.
5) De-burring and polishing parts.
6) Use of overhead cranes, rigging large parts and moving them through a machine shop setting.
7) Basic assembly work on machined parts I.E. press fit bushings, pins etc...
Candidates will start on a training program with the first day expectation being that they are able to be trained to do grinding, sawing and metal work. Initially will be doing mainly cleaning of stainless steel parts
After safety training candidates will begin shadowing team members to learn roles and expectations. During course of training will be assisting saw operators with regular duties.
Evaluated over 90 days prior to transitioning to union on attendance, and accuracy.
Great candidates will come from heavy industrial environments doing grinding and metal work.
Candidates will be evaluated on their ability to keep up with production flow and projects assigned by foreman
Currently 8 openings
Day 7am-3:30pm with some Saturday ot and 10 hour days regular 40-60 hours a week average
Swing Shift 3:30-12pm Monday-Friday
Preference to individuals open for both shifts
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.