Job Summary :Serves in- and out-patients needing Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services through prompt and effective assistance to the therapist and maintains/cleans equipment and treatment areas. Serves the needs of patients, families and physicians through the efficient and effective delivery of therapy services under the supervision of a registered therapist. Phone skills should be covered as an essential responsibility.
1. Use common sense and special clinical skills to care for the sick or handicapped with regard to the patients age and diagnosis.
2. Supports hospital mission and values statement, strategic plan and vision, and department service statement and department philosophy.
3. Assists therapists with patient treatments in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the treatments. The assistance is supervised by the therapist and may include, but not limited to,
a) assisting in the following treatments: hot packs, cryotherapy, exercise supervision, monitoring of vital signs, ambulation and transfer training, dressing changes,
b) setting up the following equipment:, US, electrical stimulation, vasopneumatic compression, assistive devices, sterile fields, and
c) assisting patient with dressing, preparing patient for treatment (ie. positioning), delivering equipment to the patient in-house, and working as a liaison between the patient and therapist.
4. Responsible for assisting with front office tasks as limited to the following:
a) patient chart preparation,
b) entering of patient charges,
c) monitoring computer in-patient orders and initiating proper paperwork,
d) pulling up computer information for therapist as requested per,
f) completion and appropriate follow-up on paperwork associated with rental of electrical stimulation units and assistive devices, custom-measured supports and insurance verification requested information,
g) copying/faxing, and
h) ordering and stocking department supplies, and
i) miscellaneous office tasks.
5. Displays excellent guest relations with all patients and customer correspondence and displays excellent telephone etiquette. Greets visitors, patients, and other personnel in a positive and prompt manner, ascertains their nature of business, and refers to the appropriate person or department in a timely manner.
6. Efficiently and effectively keeps neat, clean, and organized the treatment areas, equipment and supplies, and follows the routine cleaning and maintenance schedules. Responsible for monitoring and stocking inventory of medical supplies and linens.
7. Transports in-patients to and from the therapy departments for treatment when necessary.
8. Observes patients during treatment and notifies therapist of any distress or at the completion of treatment. Notifies therapist of any malfunctioning of equipment.
9. Assists the Department Manager in orienting the Level I aides. Is responsible for monitoring the performance of Level I aides and supervises them in way of offering feedback, constructive criticism, and/or referring concerns to their supervisor, whether that be the Senior Therapist or Office Manager, as deemed indicated and necessary for the efficient and effective running of the departments.
10. Participates in the mandatory orientation, monthly meetings, and inservice training related to his/her position.
11. Responsible for the clinical development of self and facilitates teamwork intra- and inter-departmentally.
Education and Experience Required:
1. High School diploma or the equivalent.
2. Minimum of one year of full-time work experience as a Level I aide at Hendricks Regional Health or graduate from an accredited associate, bachelor or graduate program in a health related field to rehabilitation, (i.e., including but not limited to: PT/OT assistant, athletic training, exercise science, exercise physiology).
3. Computer experience knowledge preferred, especially specific to Microsoft Word, Windows, Microsoft Excel, Meditech, or data entry.
CPR certification preferred. If he/she does not have at the time of hiring, it will be the associates responsibility to provide proof of certification within six months of start date.
Work Shift :1st Shift (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours :38