Rigger Crew Supervisor at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This job is no longer available
**About the Position:**You will serve as Crew supervisor over Riggers, Welders, and Crane Operators at John Day Lock and Dam Project. Operating facilities consist of a large hydroelectric powerhouse and adjunct operating facilities consisting of a navigation lock, fish facilities, and spillway.
Learn more about this agency
* You will direct day-to-day accomplishment of work orders which are assigned to the structural iron crew.
* You will supervise a regularly appointed crew in accordance with the requirements of the standard operating procedures and established trade methods.
* You will make decisions governing the exact approach to work to be made personally or by the crew.
* You will participate in the development of plans for assigned segment.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
### Conditions of Employment
* Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
* This position requires a pre-employment screening.
* This position requires the ability to lift up to 45lbs in the performance of duties.
**Who May Apply**: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
* * Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
**Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element):** Ability to do the work of a(n) Rigger Crew Supervisor without more than normal supervision. I am skilled in leading and directing a crew of journey level riggers to include organizing a crew, define work assignments, and give clear and understandable instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. I am able to plan, coordinate, layout, and generally supervise a crew. I have the ability to develop and assign sufficient work to keep the entire crew fully utilized. - **Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.**
* Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
* Ability To Lead or Supervise
* Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
* Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
* Knowledge of Materials
* Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
* Use of Measuring Instruments
* **PHYSICAL EFFORT:**Physical effort requires climbing stairs and ladders; prolonged standing and walking; and incumbent may occasionally assist trades and crafts workers by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and twisting objects weighing up to and occasionally over 45 pounds.
* **WORKING CONDITIONS:**Work is performed both inside and outside the powerhouse. Indoor work subjects employee to high noise levels and outdoor work is subject to usual climate extremes. There is danger of cuts, bruises and burns and falling from ladders and scaffolds. Employee is subject to the discomfort of wearing required safety equipment such as hard-hats, welding masks or shields, gloves, safety glasses and goggles, safety shoes, respirators and ear plugs as required. Employee is exposed to welding fumes, acids and solvents normal to the trade. There is the added danger of drowning when working around swift moving water. Must wear appropriate safety equipment and protective clothing, and successfully complete and maintain all occupational health requirements.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
* You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
* Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
* Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
* Direct deposit of pay is required.
* This is a Career Program (CP) 24 position.
* Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
* If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
* Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
* If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
* Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
* Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE one year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:**
* Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
* For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other **supporting documents:**
* Cover Letter, optional
* Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
* **Proof of Eligibility to Apply:**Your application must include the documents which **prove you are eligible to apply** for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the **Who May Apply** section above to receive further consideration.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/28/2018 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click **Apply**to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10315437).
* Follow the prompts to **select your resume and/or other supporting documents**to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
* After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**.
* You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.**
* It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
* Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
### Agency contact information
### Army Applicant Help Desk
HE-APF-W2SJ01 US ARMY ENGINEER DISTRICT, PORTLAND
DO NOT MAIL
Portland, OR 97204
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
**If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit https://portal.chra.army.mil/hrpublic?id=formpublic&sys;id=-1&table;=uapplicationinquirystaging and complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.**
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511868300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 09/24/2018 to 09/28/2018
*Pay scale & grade:* WB 00
*Salary:* $51.73 to $51.73 per hour
*Appointment type:* Temporary Promotion - One Year
*Work schedule:* Full-Time