As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics ( ), FansEdge ( ) and Kitbag ( ) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic ( ). A multi-channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). The company's in-venue and event retail portfolio includes the NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, The Ryder Cup, Manchester City, Texas Longhorns, Pittsburgh Pirates and New Jersey Devils, allowing fans to experience a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and physical store locations.
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable professional responsible for maintaining the accurate receivable records for the organization.
- Key, balance, and accurately reconcile all incoming on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Key and balance credit card payments and reconciliations.
- Prepare and maintain daily/monthly cash receipts spreadsheet.
- Maintain customer check posting requirements for unique customer specifics.
- Issue credit memos, journal entries, assign general ledger codes and tax refunds as requested.
- Maintain departmental cash application processes and instruction manuals.
- Work directly with Bank (lockbox) to identify and issues with daily transmissions.
- Always meets daily/monthly deadlines for completing the cash application process.
- Works with management to identify any process improvements.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude. Individual must work with all touch points of the business to accomplish common goals, includes credit department associates and external customers.
- Maintain departmental records to supply backup as requested. Works directly with auditors as needed.
- Work with Finance team to assist in any monthly/quarterly/yearly balancing.
- 2+ years of AR and cash application experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of AR and cash application experience with High School Diploma (no college degree)
- Strong Math Skills
- Strong Excel Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Basic Word, Outlook, and other general computer knowledge
- Broad accounting knowledge regarding how cash applications and debit/credit memos affect customers' accounts; ability to book journal entries
- Ability to learn and process data on multiple systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for logical thinking, attention to detail, and creative skills in order to help identify opportunities for improvements within the department
- May require overtime during month-end closing and other peak times