This is an hourly non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities)
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Must be able to work various shifts including nights and weekends.
- Must be 21 years old to work behind the bar.
- Correctly sets-up bar and completes all opening/sidework duties to include: cleaning, stocking, checking and achieving par levels, making bulk recipes and preparing all items for the bar.
- Orders, requisitions and stocks all liquor, beverage and other bar supplies according to procedures established in the restaurant.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and dining room guests while adhering to all Ruth’s Chris specifications, recipes and procedures.
- Greets all bar guests immediately, makes beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food and beverage service.
- Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by bar guests. Prepares beverages for the service staff only upon receipt of a computer beverage ticket.
- Observes bar guests to ensure that guests are satisfied with food, beverages and service; immediately recognizes and responds to any guest’s needs and/or requests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the bar counter, back bar, bar work areas, shelving and storage areas up to Ruth’s Chris standards.
- Adheres to and complies with all state/local liquor laws and the Company’s policies regarding the service of alcoholic beverages.
- Practices teamwork by assisting fellow employees whenever possible, to enhance our guests’ dining experience.
- Communicates to the Manager on Duty any and all situations where a guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
- Correctly presents the guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
- Performs the cashiering function for the service staff and restaurant.
- Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the Ruth’s Chris Steak House Employee Training Packet – Bartender.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions)
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry beverage items, supplies, glass racks, smallwares and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to obtain and store food, beverage items, smallwares and service equipment.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and guests.
- Must be able to continuously use fingers to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items.