Records, Policy & Legislative Tracking Analyst (Forms & Records Analyst 3) at Washington State
- Lakewood, WA 98496
This job is no longer available
**Records, Policy & Legislative Tracking Analyst
Forms & Records Analyst 3
Camp Murray, WA**
The Washington Military Department is looking for a results-driven professional who has a passion for using their effective analytical and organizational skills to support the Intergovernmental Affairs and Policy (IGAP) Division. The successful candidate will work under the general supervision of the Intergovernmental Affairs, Policy and Process Improvement Operations Manager, serving as the records management specialist for the agency's records and providing professional administrative support services to the division.
The IGAP Division provides state, local, tribal and federal government affairs, policy, public disclosure, records management, administrative rules coordination, performance management, state agency continuous process improvement, and strategic planning functions for the Washington Military Department.
Safe, Secure, Ready and Resilient Washington State.
Provide trained professional and operational forces who are ready to defend our state and nation, respond to emergencies and disasters, and build partnerships that improve communities and transform the lives of at-risk youth.
**Implement the Agency Records Management Program.**
* Perform records management activities for the following type of records:
* Facilities Management
* Emergency Management
* Human Resources, and
* Information Technology
* At-Risk Youth Education
* Conduct agency-wide records inventories of all public record types and media in accordance with appropriate RCW.
* Analyze the records inventory data to identify records duplication within divisions and destruction of records that have met their retention requirements.
* Work with the IGAP staff and the IT Division with the planning and development of coordinated agency initiatives, security of records and projects to improve agency records management processes.
* Review established agency records retention schedules to ensure they are complete and accurate. Coordinate changes and additions with the State Archives to ensure appropriate agency records are properly retained in accordance with state law.
* Coordinate the transfer of agency archival records with Records Coordinator and Custodians to the State Archives.
* Facilitate the transfer of inactive agency records to the State Records Center.
**Use legislative tools and resources to assist in gathering and tracking agency legislative activities and events.**
* Assist IGAP program staff with administering legislative processes, activities and efforts throughout the agency.
* Assist IGAP program staff with pre-screening and identifying bills of interest for the agency.
* Track and report agency lobbying activities to the Public Disclosure Commission.
* Schedule visits/appointments with legislators to include packet preparation for agency leadership visits.
**Assist with the development and coordination of Military Department policies, procedures, events and forms.**
* Provide technical assistance to the divisions for policy development and revision of agency policies, procedures and forms.
* Coordinate the policy review and approval process with divisions.
**Provide support to the Public Disclosure Officer.**
* Provide the Public Disclosure Officer with backup support for responding to Public Disclosure Requests during absences or high volumes of requests.
**Provide records management training to new agency staff as part of New Employee Orientation. **
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, political science, communications, law or related field.
*Two years of professional level experience in one or a combination of the following:*
* Managing records for an organization of 100+ employees.
* Analyzing and/or developing policies, laws, rules, and/or regulations.
* Form development/updates.
* Conducting research.
* Working with legislative processes to include tracking and analyzing bills.
* Strategic planning.
* Responding to public disclosure requests.
* Developing, preparing, monitoring, briefing, tracking and/or evaluating budgets.
*Additional professional level experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis.*
*Working Knowledge of:*
* Washington State records management, public disclosure, legislative tracking, and/or rulemaking.
* Strategic planning and performance accountability tools, such as the balanced scorecard and continuous process improvement initiatives.
*Skills & Abilities to:*
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing when interacting with agency managers, staff and various customers.
* Independently or collaboratively develop and revise documents.
* Use Microsoft Office (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Access, PowerPoint or similar programs) to develop documents in support of program requirements.
**CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT**
***Background Investigation:*** Must successfully complete the appropriate background checks required for employment. Must be willing to sign releases of information and shall not have access to any investigative materials and files. The processing of background checks can take up to six months post-employment. Failure to successfully pass a background check may be cause for termination.
***Driver's License:*** If selected for the position, must maintain and/or obtain a valid State of Washington driver's license prior to the date hired and be qualified to drive a state vehicle as required to accomplish program requirements.
***Work Hours:*** The standard work schedule will be Tuesday through Friday with Monday off for a 4/10 schedule. The actual work hours will be established between the employee and immediate supervisor and will start no earlier than 6:00am and end no later than 6:00pm.
***Emergency Assignment:*** Upon activation of the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) or Joint Field Office (JFO), incumbent may be required to work in an alternate location with rotating shifts, including weekends and evenings, in a highly stressful and fast-paced environment.
***Travel:*** Occasional travel may be required - up to 5% to include overnight stays.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should select the "Apply" button and submit the following:
1. A current application profile,
2. Responses to the Supplemental Questions (Note: Responses to the supplemental questions will be utilized for interview selection),
3. A letter of interest, not ot exceed two pages, specifically outlining how your education, skills and experience meet the required and desired qualifications listed in the announcement.
4. A chronological resume listing education, names of employers with dates of employment, and a concise description of experience for each position held.
5. A reference list of 3 professional references, which includes at least 2 of your previous supervisors, a peer, and a subordinate. Reference list should include the following: their name, professional title, working relationship, current phone numbers, and an email address.
* Professional Title
* Working Relationship
* Phone Number
* Email Address
***** A resume will not substitute for completing the "work experience" section of the application.***
*The information provided in your application must support your supplemental questionnaire responses. Responses not supported in your application and those referring to "see resume" will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment. *
If you have questions about the application process or this recruitment, please contact Mistina Venesky via email at: Mistina.Venesky@mil.wa.gov
**_The Washington Military Department is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application/selection process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternate format, may call the Recruitment Section of State Human Resources at (253) 512-7942 or Telecommunications Device for the hearing impaired at (253) 512-7298._**
*Salary:* $3,420.00 - $4,487.00 Monthly
*Location:* Pierce County – Lakewood, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Military Department
*Job Number:* 2018-10605
*Closing:* 11/13/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact