Shift: Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Patient Access Supervisor to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Patient Access Supervisor is primarily responsible for the supervision of the daily activities within the patient registration department.
Your day to day role will include:
- Assesses staffing patterns and schedules to optimize departmental resources and productivity.
- Orders and maintains appropriate supplies.
- Develops and implements a quality assurance program.
- Tracks and reports quality assurance results to leadership and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Oversees process for collecting fees prior to service.
- Keeps abreast of insurance company changes and updates.
- Communicates these changes to staff.
- Delegates and assigns work commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience, and assures the work is performed appropriately.
- Empowers associates to show creativity and innovation to improve operations and develop solutions to
- Maintains constant 24/7 supervisory access for associates as well as hospital administration by rotating call between supervisors.
- Works closely and professionally with Nursing and Ancillary Departments in an effort to maintain teamwork approach.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience working in a hospital setting
- Progressive career experience
It would be great if you also have:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- In lieu of Associates degree, completion of degree requirements must be obtained within the first 18 months
of hire and/or incumbent must have a minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a hospital or business setting.
- Supervisory or Team Leader experience preferred
- Successful Completion of the CPAR – Certified Patient Access Representative
- Knowledge of McKesson STAR
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to bethe one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.
Category: Operations- Ascension- Indianapolis