Job Purpose: Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Duties: * Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
* Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
* Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
* Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
* Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
* Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
* Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
* Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
* Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills