APG Aircraft Mechanic 2 at AECOM
- Eielson Air Force Base, AK
United States of America - Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
Position Title Aircraft Mechanic 2 (APG) - $33.42/hour with a wage supplement and $5.50 per hour to offset cost of benefits and additional opportunities for overtime.
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 2 (APG) support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK.
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test on missiles, airframes, engines, flight control, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc.
1) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
2) Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
3) Will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
4) Provides lower level technicians guidance in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies.
5) Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Candidates must apply online through the internal portal.
Promotional Items of Interest to Potential Candidates
* Base Housing Opportunity
* No Personal tools required provided at the site
* Overtime will be required on this task order
* TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia
* This site falls under a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796 **Minimum Requirements**
Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum five (5) years actual and recent intermediate/depot level aircraft maintenance experience required..
Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess a certification from an accredited ASNT school.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
Must possess a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Desired experience is for F-16 or other fighter aircraft.
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
**Job Category** Maintenance
**Business Line** Management Services
**Business Group** Management Services Group (MS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 201983BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.