***Must be able to communicate clearly in English by two way radio.
Must have five (5) years documented experience in the operation of equipment similar to that listed below. Must have a Class A Commercial Driver's License without the following restrictions E, L, N, O and 7. A Passenger Bus (P) and Tanker (N) endorsement must be obtained within 90 days of hire. Must successfully complete Movement Area Driver Training within 90 days of hire. Hazardous Paint Handlers card may be a requirement of the position, the applicant will be given a "reasonable" amount of time to obtain this certificate at the State of Alaska's expense.
Examples of Types of Equipment you would be required to operate:
Tracked Dozers, Loaders, Backhoe, Excavator, 5th Wheel Tractors, Dump Trucks, Sanders, Graders, Airport Snow Removal Equipment, Passenger Bus, Equipment Trailers, Skid Steers.
*** Applicants will be tested for competency.
Desired Skills, Strengths and Qualifications:
Journey level workers will be required to meet the following:
· Have the required skills to handle difficult problems encountered
· Have comprehensive knowledge of the subject or occupational area
· Use judgment in determining actions
· Exercise independence in determining actions
· Plan and lay out work (i.e. determine how to do one's own work)
· Make appropriate choice among alternatives
· Complete work with only limited instruction and/or little or no advice
· Proceed with work without having results or products generally reviewed in progress