JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at.
JPMorgan Chase’s (JPMC) Internal Audit Department, which is comprised of over 1,200 Auditors and Credit Reviewers globally, reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and is further accountable to the Chairman and CEO, senior management, and external regulators. Audit is an independent risk assessment function established within the organization to evaluate, test, and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management's system of internal control.
The Consumer Credit Review team within the JPMC Internal Audit Department is responsible for reviewing the credit process in retail lending portfolios at the firm. The team focuses on Consumer & Community Banking (Auto Finance, Business Banking, Card Services, and Home Lending) and consumer-related portfolios within Asset & Wealth Management.
The Credit Review team performs reviews of JPMC retail loan portfolios that include an evaluation of the adequacy and accuracy of lending decisions, consistent application of risk policy and credit procedures, analysis of underwriting standards and practice, and determining through ongoing monitoring the overall assessment of asset quality. Furthermore, the team assesses whether sufficient controls are in place to mitigate credit risk to the firm.
This position is responsible for assisting the Credit Review Officers and Manager in their roles of evaluating the credit portfolios and performing periodic credit reviews. The Credit Review Associate will work with members of the Credit Review team to analyze consumer loan transactions and perform assessments of underwriting and portfolio management to independently opine on the adequacy of underwriting, credit decisions, and effectiveness of the credit management process supporting credit quality. Between periodic reviews, the Credit Review Associate assists with other team functions, such as independently monitoring credit risk trends within certain consumer lending portfolios. This position will report to the Credit Review Manager and is located in Columbus (OH).
- As team member, the Credit Review Associate participates in reviews led by Credit Review team members. This includes analyzing the credit underwriting quality of individual transactions, recording test results and conclusions in a work paper database, and participating actively in all review meetings.
- Perform continuous monitoring of assigned product-based portfolios and participate in periodic portfolio review meetings.
- Serve as an information resource on Card Services credit risk and policy.
- Ensure consistent application of firm wide risk policy, credit procedures, and Credit Review policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects and research as assigned by the Credit Review Manager.