|Posting Title||Executive Director Cancer Center|
|Location||Yuma Regional Cancer Center|
|Job Location Address||1320 W. 24th Street|
|Position Summary||The Executive Director of the Cancer Center is responsible for providing administrative leadership for all outpatient cancer services at YRMC. The Executive Director is accountable for managing an integrated oncology program to include medical oncology, radiation oncology, supportive oncology services, patient navigation, clinical trials, institutional research and cancer registry. The Executive Director will also share dyad leadership responsibility with the Medical Directors of Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology. The Executive Director serves as the service line leader as it relates to daily operations, personnel supervision, physician relationships, quality improvement initiatives, supply cost controls, and care transitions. The incumbent works closely with inpatient clinical staff, laboratory, imaging, financial services and other key supportive departments participating in oncology services and is accountable for human resource management, financial management, and quality management in support of the mission, vision and strategic objectives of YRMC. The Executive Director manages collaboratively through matrix relationships with other departments in a dynamic care environment. The Executive Director reports to the Vice President, Ambulatory Operations.|
|Posting Department||Cancer Center - Administration|
|Posting Department Description||The new Cancer Program is a planned community based initiative that weaves the strengths of individual, organizational and academic healthcare providers into a collaborative, cross-functional team focused on eradicating and treating cancer in our growing community.|
Convenience, accessibility, service and healing are the cornerstones of our new cancer center program. The majority of the cancer services will reside in a 38,000+ outpatient center. The new center will have a comprehensive assortment of state-of-the-art equipment, treatment alternatives and support services all housed under a single roof. The YRCC is academically affiliated with the Mayo Clinic and is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. The YRCC is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer which indicates that the standard of care is equivalent to other accredited community cancer centers across the country. The infrastructure for research has been developed in order to offer cancer clinical trials for the patients of Yuma. The program's success centers on its use of evidence based technologies and palliative care alternatives to create a holistic, healing environment. A learning center, educational classes and various supportive services from the community will complement the clinical high-tech world of medicine to create the right curative balance.
The YRCC is dedicated to improving the health, well-being and, most of all, quality of life for the people entrusted to our health care services. Treating patients and families with compassion, dignity and respect brings humanity to our services and supports our shared vision of cancer excellence.
|Area of Interest||Management|
|Work Week||Monday - Friday|
|External Education||Education Required:|
Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Healthcare Administration, Biomedical Sciences, Nursing or related field.
|External Experience||Experience Required:|
5 years of progressive leadership experience in a complex, multi-service organization. Computer proficiency (must be able to pass computer proficiency assessment).
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must demonstrate:
• Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate others.
• Visionary leadership and consensus builder who can manage change.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Extremely well-developed relationship building and facilitation skills.
• Strong team building and team development skills.
• Strong strategic planning and quality improvement skills.
5+ years of leadership in an Oncology program approved by the American College of Surgeons, familiarity with approval requirements, and responsibility for maintaining program approval. Experience in successful oncology program development. Experience in working in or developing matrix organizations in a competitive healthcare environment.
• A collaborative team player and colleague who can work closely with others in a team-oriented setting.
• Someone who can quickly establish credibility with physicians and other medical professionals based upon his/her personal characteristics
• An open, flexible person who can deal with ambiguity and change.
• Someone who is inquisitive and who has a spirit of learning and who challenges the status quo and others around them.
• A leader with vision, who can strive for excellence and the development of a world class organization.
• A charismatic leader who leads and enriches more than manages.
• A person of integrity, who is confident, secure, relaxed and positive in their approach to issues and people.