Building Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 18003673
Globalfoundries Fab 9 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Facilities Mechanical Technician to become part of our Essex, Vermont team. This position requires operation and maintenance of Facilities mechanical equipment.
- Operate facilities related equipment
- Perform preventative mechanical maintenance and calibrations on various facilities related equipment including, Exhaust systems, Process Vacuum, Process Cooling, chillers and chilled water support systems, pumps, boilers, air handlers, fire protection.
- Troubleshoot and repair facilities. Exhaust systems, Process Vacuum, Process Cooling Water, chillers and chilled water support systems, pumps, boilers, air handlers and fire protection
- Assist in the creation of operations and maintenance specifications
- Support complex troubleshooting of facilities equipment and associated failures
- Partner with other Technicians and Management in identifying training requirements and safety procedures in assigned areas
- Partner with Engineers and Technicians on various facilities projects
- Perform additional duties as assigned and assist other specialty areas as required
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
2 or 4 Year Technical Degree or
5+ Years of Industrial / Commercial System Experience
Travel – Limited
Fluency in English Language – written & verbal –
Physical Capacity Demands – Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of shift (excluding breaks)
- Ability to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
- Ability to perform activities that include climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and crawling
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear upgraded PPE in accordance with Safety procedures, such as N95 Dust Mask or other air filtering devices.
Demonstrated knowledge of Semiconductor FAB systems and related equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer programs including Microsoft Office
Preventative maintenance software and automated building control systems knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
Demonstrated mechanical abilities with experience in maintenance and operation of equipment
Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.