Bowhead is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst II to assist the Force Support Squadron Military Personnel Flight (MPF) at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ. This position requires competence in most phases of system analysis and knowledge of pertinent system software and computer equipment and of the work processes, applicable regulations, workload, and practices required to manage and sustain networks and automated personnel systems that support MPF / CPF operations across the installation.
Job duties require the Analyst to be able to recognize probable interactions of related computer systems and predict impact of a change in assigned system. Duties also include the ability to determine and resolve data processing problems and coordinate the work with program, users, etc. In this position, the Analyst works independently under overall project objectives and requirements, and informs the Site Lead about progress and unusual complications. May serve as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for the MPF/MPS.
• Provides computer security by managing the computer system and all associated security programs. • Performs client support administrator duties, including mail and process distribution. • Monitors G-Series Orders and performs duties as Functional Account Records Manager (FARM). • Configures new computers for initial operation, installs hardware and software, troubleshoots and repairs hardware and software defects/problems, maintains user network/e-mail accounts. • Processes AFCERT updates and performs PC virus detection and eradication. • Submits requirements for new user ID and password for all supported programs. • Maintains the computers and peripherals listed in the automated data processing equipment (ADPE) account, reports software problems and processes hardware or software procedural enhancements. • Provides system administration, security and problem solving for MILPDS. Verifies Defense Joint Military Pay Systems (DJMPS) transactions and performs MILPDS product actions. • Serves as Base Administrator for the Personnel Records Display Application (PRDA) in ARMS. • Provides system administration and problem solving for web-based MDCPDS applications (Priority Placement Program and Workers Compensation Program). • Manages the automated systems that support both the MPS and CPS of the MPF, including MILPDS and MDCPDS. • Performs MDCPDS, and other Oracle-base programs administration in accordance with the AFPC Modern DCPDS CPS System Administration User Guide. • Provides support for modernization and training initiatives, including planning and implementation of MILPDS and MDCPDS at the local level. • Performs user account creation and maintenance; user training, and support with respect to software and hardware installation. • Provides information and informal computer-related training for all MILPDS and MDCPDS users. • Processes non-routine queries, schedules automated products for military and civilian PDS applications, performs transaction register/database analysis tasks, and builds and maintains MILPDS local tables. • Creates and maintains the MPS and CPS web pages. Manages and monitors inputs for MPS and CPS web pages using platform and software as determined by local Government representative.
Bowhead is accepting applications for Personnel Assistant II to assist the Force Support Squadron Military Personnel Flight (MPF). This position serves as site lead for a team of customer service specialists and works to achieve customer satisfaction by delivering a variety of military and civilian personnel services in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
Bowhead is looking to speak to experienced professionals who would qualify for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. The proposal for this position has not yet been awarded. If you are an incumbent employee, we encourage you to apply. Please contact Amanda Freeman at Amanda.Freeman@bowheadsupport.com
• Must have CompTIA Security + certification. Requires technical training and demonstrated familiarity with networking concepts.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ demonstrated experience in managing and sustaining networks in a high paced customer service environment. Previous experience with USAF automated personnel systems that support MPF/CPF operations at a USAF installation strongly desired.
• Previous military experience in AFSC 3D0X4 or sister service equivalent is highly preferred.
• Must have excellent oral communication skills, possess a professional attitude, and demonstrate strong leadership in a demanding customer service environment.
• Must speak, read, and comprehend English to the extent that they can read, understand, and provide guidance on printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions, and other materials.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at , and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.