The Alta Club is seeking a CEO with a focus on member relationships and membership development. The Alta Club is an integral part of the Salt Lake City community with a diverse membership base. The Club is looking for an individual with strong hospitality leadership skills as well as community organization skills.
TheCEO is in charge of all the club's departments and functions. The areas of responsibility include afitness center,library, guest rooms, barand restaurant, and other club facilities. Beside hands-on management of the facilities and staff, they are expected to run each department in an efficient, profitable and member-oriented manner. The characteristics of a successful CEO include honesty, straightforwardness, integrity, accountability, leadership and dedication. The CEO must demonstrate interpersonal relations skills, be a good communicator and motivator, be administratively competent and be able to communicate the club’s vision to both members and staff.
Skills and AbilitiesRequired
• Drive a welcoming and inclusive club culture.
• Ability to drive member engagement through events, outreach, other activities and general club communication.
• Flawless skills in community relations to attract and retain members, growing the membership base will be a key to success.
• Exemplary leadership and supervision skills.
• Work with supervisors and staff in each division of the facility to ensure service excellence for members and guests.
• Ability to set and maintain high standards for all facilities, services andcommunications.
• Ability to recognize physical improvements needed to be made to the facility.
• Analyze the needs and prepare cost projections for review by the members of the board and club owners.
• Administrative abilities in budget administration, vendor negotiations and renovation project management are required for this job.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergencysituations.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Extensive experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, business, public relations, annual, corporate or foundation giving which includes five years of budgeting and supervisory experience. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in hospitality management, event planning, patron services, or related field. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in grant or proposal writing, public speaking, a background working with print and/or electronic media, an understanding of membership development and personnel management is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Key Success Criteria
• Member engagement in the club, as demonstrated by event participation, restaurant and bar sales, and a general atmosphere of activity.
• Current member retention, goals to be determined in partnership with the Board.
• Resident Member growth, with continual waiting list, goals to be determined in partnership with the Board.
• Corporate/Organization and Private Event booking growth.
• Partnership with Food and Beverage departments to create new and innovative options.
• Overall membership satisfaction based on surveys and general feedback.
• Low staff turnover, with high employee engagement.
• Club budget remains in accordance with forecasts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and stand for 4-6 hours per day .
• Must be able to handle hot and cold interior and outdoor conditions.
• Public speaking at meetings and events.
Club President and Board of Directors