Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Write, verify, and make payments on tickets for sports wagers in accordance with department policy and procedures and ensures compliance to applicable jurisdictional gaming statues and regulations.
- Maintain a cash bank for his/her shift, responsible for accepting payment and making correct change when necessary.
- Stock Sports book Writer/Cashier's stations with adequate supplies; keeps all stations neat and clean.
- Write Sports tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make payments on winning tickets in an accurate and timely manner; verify tickets and payoffs.
- Maintain and reconcile bank for assigned shift, following established cash-handling policies and procedures
- Explain wagering rules, including betting lines and odds, and procedures to guests
- Provide information and assistance to customers in a friendly, courteous manner to ensure the delivery of guest service. Offer information on activities, etc., and direct guests for further information as necessary.
- Create and enter player tracking cards
- Notify management of escalated or prevalent guest issues/concerns and any apparent suspicious activity
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Minimum six (6) months of cash-handling experience
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Effectively communicate in English, both oral and written forms
- At least 21 years old
- Previous experience in race and sportsbook
- Previous experience in a similar resort environment
- Bilingual, with English as primary or secondary language
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- WV Lottery & Racing License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a high-stress and high-volume environment
- Ability to work in and adapt to a dynamic and frequently changing environment
- Ability to adhere to and execute established department policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of sports
- Proficient cash-handling skills
- Ability to work under pressure while being able to pay attention to details
- Basic math skills – calculate winnings based on odds
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance, adhering to department and company standards
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written forms
- Exposure to casino related environmental factors including but not limited to second hand smoke, excessive noise, lights, and stress related to servicing customers in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Moderate to high noise levels
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift and be able to move throughout the Casino/Hotel areas
- Varied shifts, including weekends, holidays, and during peak sporting events.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer