SAFEbuilt is currently seeking top talent for Building Official Position in our Windsor office. This position offers great opportunity for a dynamic leader of building code operations in our Northern Colorado territory. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.Candidates must hold their ICC Certified Building Official certification. This position is the key client manager as well as team supervisor.
- Responsible for meeting all state and locally mandated code compliance and reporting requirements.
- Apply knowledge of building codes, policies, and procedures to the day-to-day functions of the building department.
- Serve as the primary liaison with our clients in this area and is responsible for ensuring that we deliver the highest level of customer service
- Responsible for attending department and community meetings as required by the client.
- Perform some plan reviews both commercial and residential in all trades.
- Perform inspection support as needed.
- Supervise building department staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of local building code regulations, policies and procedures
- Client and team management experience in a building department setting
- Have solid computer skills and experience using MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise initiative and display independent judgment
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Inspection and Plan review experience for commercial and residential structures.
- 5+ years’ Experience supervising building department staff
- ICC Certified Building Official
- ICC Plan Review certifications in multiple trades preferred
- ICC Inspector certifications in multiple trades preferred
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and strong benefit package including company vehicle.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 700 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1100 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.