GDIT is seeking a Senior Operations Program Director who will be responsible for leading the creation of a cloud service delivery program for key customers moving applications to the cloud. The Program Director will build and deliver complex services, breaking down barriers for their team and customer, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed. Defining project needs and feeding these into the program/portfolio process to enable resources to be appropriately allocated. Build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
- Deliver customer projects using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Work with customers to define the roadmap to design and deliver a renewed cloud delivery model for key customers.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Matrix-managing multiple multidisciplinary teams and individuals.
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for each stage of our delivery process.
- Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running project efforts from inception to completion.
- Supervise assigned staff including professional development and performance management.
- Meet with internal/external customers to ensure situational awareness, understanding of goals, tasks, and direction, and provide transparent communication of project execution.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of project deliverables.
- Monitors sub-contractor activities including subcontractor RFQs and deliverables.
Track, record, and compile program performance data.
- Support and advance the organization’s mission.
Participates in special projects as required.
- Make clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for service delivery using program and project management disciplines.
- Exemplify positive customer service behaviors and promote a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met through consistent service delivery.
- Establish how the business area compares to customer service expectations and industry best practice and identify necessary improvements in plans.
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations.
- Adopt clear processes for managing at all levels.
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time rewarding success.
- Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same.
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work.
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals.
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests.
- Encourage contributions and involvement from a broad and diverse range of staff by being visible and accessible.
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across departmental and other boundaries.
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Professional certification (ITIL) preferred.
- 10-12 years of related project management experience.
- Ability to lead projects using the Scrum/Agile framework.
- Effective business development skills including proposal development and preparation.
- Possess a real desire to improve customer experience.
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek the best option.
- Ability to drive cross-team initiatives on time and on budget.
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges.
- Ability to mitigate project risks and communicate risks effectively.
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value by giving people space to think creatively.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, able to motivate and engage with a distributed team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to drive task prioritization across many independent and interdependent teams.
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams, not allow unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery.
- Possess ability to work independently and take accountability for actions.
- Understanding of cloud services including AWS, Azure, and private cloud.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with tools such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Project to manage tasks and communicate and update stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective management and leadership skills.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant government regulations and standards.
- US Citizenship required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.