Rocky Vista University in Ivins, Utah has an immediate opening for a
Security Officer (Swing Shift).
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume and salary requirement.
The campus of Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Southern Utah (RVUCOM-SU) is located in Ivins, UT, 20 minutes from St. George, UT. RVUCOM is committed to the education of osteopathic physicians who are dedicated to excellence in the practice of medicine, demonstrate integrity and professionalism in their lives, while providing ethical, compassionate , holistic and culturally competent osteopathic medical care to their patients.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide Security service to campus and University through patrol of buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization and provide continuous, quality work.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors and participates in organization and departmental safety programs.
- Patrol buildings, grounds, parking lots, and report incidents on campus to Supervisor, and/or the Director of Security to determine appropriate security responses to incidents.
- Answer all emergency calls within the College including but not limited to medical emergencies, personnel safety, theft and fire; contact emergency agencies as needed; develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Faculty, Staff, Students and local law enforcement and fire officials.
- Monitor closed circuit television camera system; manage access control system and badges. Issue parking permits; lock and unlock entries and exits for authorized usage.
- Ability to keep records and utilize computer to complete and maintain all paperwork related to public safety including incident reports, theft, injury reports and reports on unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant external agencies concerned with safety and security; formulate rapid response systems with appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Operate public address system in the event of an emergency and assist the Supervisor and/or Director of Security in identifying high risk areas and initiate actions to reduce risk exposure.
- Enforce State, Federal, and College policies on campus. Provide safety escorts to various locations on campus for staff and students.
- Receive lost and found; attempt to identify the proper owner.
- Assure that all exterior areas are patrolled and clear at all times during snow/winter. Walkways and parking lots are clear to avoid falling of the public, staff, faculty and students.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities that are (1) important but may not be required of all incumbents for successful job performance, (2) do not take much time to complete, and/or (3) do not significantly alter the outcomes for successful job performance.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Security Supervisor and/or Director of Public Safety & Security.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must obey and comply with all RVU standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with staff, faculty, students, local and State agencies and visitors.
- Must be upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based multicultural environment.
- Able to work independently and provide reports.
- Must be able to balance priorities while paying attention to detail when working on multiple projects.
- Computer skills such as Outlook and word.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to periodically work different shifts/schedules as needed.
- High School diploma.
- Minimum of 4 consecutive years as a security officer or law enforcement.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.