Our Exciting Work Environment
Delaware North Grand Canyon is all about the experience of living in one of the natural wonders of the world! We are excited you are considering employment with us. Delaware North operates Yavapai Lodge in the Canyon offering 358 guest rooms. We have a newly renovated food and beverage operation which includes a full service tavern. We run several retail and grocery stores both inside and outside the park. If you can commit to the highest level of service and to exceeding our guests’ expectations, please apply to help us “create special experiences one guest at a time”.
Perform maintenance and repairs on Delaware North Grand Canyon electrical and gas-fired appliances, equipment, and facilities.
- Complete work orders and repairs in a timely and thorough manner, maintaining cost effectiveness in repairs for industrial, kitchen and residential electrical and gas fired equipment and facilities.
- Evaluate condition of equipment and make recommendations for repair or replacement. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus; electrical and gas components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of the malfunction and correct the problem. Advise management regarding safety and cost effectiveness of equipment operation.
- Oversee completion and documentation of work orders, ensuring accuracy and detail with regard to materials, labor, and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform preventive scheduled maintenance on electrical and gas fired equipment as directed.
- Perform all work with guest service in mind, keeping equipment and operational down time to a minimum.
- Assist with installation of electrical and gas fired equipment.
- Adhere to all aspects of the National Electrical Code.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, vertical boom lift, and roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical and gas fired equipment.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and development of lower Electrician grades. This would include installation of motors, transformers, circuit breakers and other devices related to electrical and gas fired appliances/equipment; diagnosing and maintaining other electrical and gas fired equipment in a safe manner.
- Required to attend all Human Resources mandated training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four years’ experience as an Electrician.
- Ability to work with voltages ranging from 0-480 volts (1200k volts where applicable), which includes single phase and three phase.
- Possess working knowledge on National Electrical Code.
- Ability to read, comprehend and draw schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to distinguish between “delta” and “Y” connected transformers.
- Ability to give an accurate estimate of time and material necessary for a given project.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and repair control circuits using a variety of testing equipment including ammeters, multimeters, oscilloscopes and test lamps.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and repair commercial and residential electrical and gas fired kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Ability to bend rigid and electrical metallic tubing conduits.
- Ability to install residential wiring including Romex and flexible conduit.
- Ability to install 3-way and 4-way light switches.
- Ability to perform limited electrical motor repair.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with the Delaware North Grand Canyon Company Vehicle Policy.
- Ability to perform the tasks of the job including entering confined space and ascending/descending ladders.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.