Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Home Energy Advisors/Auditor
Southern Maryland locations to include: White Plains, Hughesville, Prince Frederick and Leonardtown
To facilitate program enhancement and growth, we are seeking Home Energy Advisors to conduct semi-comprehensive and precise residential home energy assessments in accordance with utility program standards; educate homeowners about how to make their homes less expensive to heat and cool, safer, and more comfortable; and assist them in signing up to upgrade their home through program-selected installation contractors. Will be field based and include travel within Southern Maryland.
- Conduct home energy assessments in residential homes, entering attics, basements and crawl spaces
- Perform initial air leakage testing, and visual inspection of existing equipment within the home
- Install instant savings measures such as light emitting diodes (LEDs), showerheads and other energy savings devices
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter the data in the utility modeling software. Reports should accurately describe activities in the field and assist in monitoring progress towards program goals on customer participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the home energy assessment
- Provide or refer customers to technical, administrative and financial assistance
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features and services
- Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate
- Provide information to customers on available incentives and additional resources, including scheduling assistance for comprehensive projects through program-selected installation contractors
- Prepare summary reports identifying opportunities found during visit
- Perform introductory energy audit in a timely and efficient manner
- Investigate main drivers of energy consumption in a given home
- Troubleshoot comfort issues within the home
- High School Diploma + 3 years related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree + 1 year related work experience
- Experience promoting energy efficiency in the residential sector
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to install basic home items such as light bulbs, showerheads, and potentially thermostats with training
- Able to lift boxes no heavier than 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, above head arm movements
- Must have a clear and clean driving record and pass drug and background check
- BPI certified Building Analyst or Energy Auditor
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
- Experience with the home improvement market in Maryland (direct experience in production, administration or sales, or experience working with home improvement industry at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization)
- Advanced knowledge of residential energy-efficient technologies
- Customer service and/or sales conversion experience.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)