Wage Rate: $13.00-$15.00/hr
Position Type: Year Round
Position Status: Full Time
Availability: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
This requires the individual to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires a considerable knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance trades. Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical experience are used frequently on the job.
Work independently while completing various maintenance tasks in guest rooms and hotel buildings including; minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, furniture assembly, etc. as needed
- Troubleshooting and repairs of mid-level plumbing, HVAC, painting and sheet rock repair.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues that require a skilled maintenance repair or contractor repair.
- Carry out routine checks and maintenance work for the assigned areas.
- Update work order tickets and record in system according to company procedures.
- Communicate with departments and other relevant parties for work orders.
- Respond to work orders quickly and resolve timely. Conduct room care preventative maintenance as directed.
- Possess thorough knowledge of all equipment in your department.
- Thorough knowledge of all emergency equipment, their location, and their function including but not limited to valves, electrical equipment, etc.
- Achieving and maintaining a quality guest room product according to hotel standards.
- Maintain strict compliance of hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program, including maintaining current MSDS.
- Adhere to hotel work order system including prioritization.
- Demonstrate teamwork responsiveness when asked to do any task consistent with hotel standards.
- Observe all department rules, regulations, and dress code.
- Monitor all services performed by outside contractors and vendors.
- Maintaining the documentation of all daily logs, reading, and building inspection programs.
- Ensure safety and security throughout the hotel.
- Maintaining all exterior grounds, parking areas, and public access areas.
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Standing, Walking, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting/Carrying up to 50lbs, Utilize Manual Dexterity, Utilize Gross Motor Skills, Demonstrate Eye Hand Coordination, Utilize Near Vision, Far Vision and Hearing. In addition, the position requires Occasional Sitting, Crouching, Kneeling, Balancing, Lifting/Carrying 26-70lbs, Fine Motor Skills, and Color Recognition. The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Outside, Working Inside, Working Alone, Working Closely with Others, Excessive Cold/Heat, Excessive Humidity/Dampness, Noise/Vibrations, Working Above Ground, Working with Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners, Working Around Fumes/Smoke/Gas, Walking on Uneven Surfaces, Motorized Equipment or Vehicles, Working Around Machinery/Motorized Equipment, and Climbing on Scaffolds or Ladders.
- 1-2 years of building construction or maintenance experience is heavily preferred.
- Experience problem solving mechanical or process issues.
- Proven experience with a great attention to detail.
- Customer service experience is a requirement.