Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. Since 1987, we’ve been reducing the time and money our customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation. With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, we emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers’ journey.
Quest strives to be the best of the very best in everything we do. We are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. It’s exciting, it’s rewarding, it’s hard work and offers career and personal growth.
We have a senoir level Sales Engineer role open on our team to work with Federal clients in Metro Washington, DC. This role will provide technical expertise to deliver Quest Software products and solutions successfully and partner with sales for technical consulting & client demonstrations to achieve organization revenue goals and objectives.
- To provide pre-sales support direct to customers and business partners in the area of Data Protection and Database & Performance Monitoring Products. In particular, the Pre Sales Consultant’s key mission is to work with Account Managers to serve key customers with mission critical systems, running on diverse operating systems, hypervisors, application servers and database platforms.
- Train and coach Sales reps on GTM messaging and new product offerings on an ongoing basis so they are aware of upcoming offerings, pricing, cross-selling opportunities and competitive information.
- Maintain proactive ongoing regular communication with their associated sales team to review key deals and keep sales teams informed on product offerings, technical information.
- Learn and maintain working knowledge of industry trends, common customer expectations, and competitors in their designated solution area.
- Primary technical point of contact for customers and any technical information prior to customer calls or ongoing activities such as web demos, onsite and POCs.
- Use account to assess each customer situation to determine the appropriate next steps for the account based on skill set, requirements, availability and sales strategy. Actively move the sale along by engaging the appropriate resources for the next step.
- Obtain and maintain broad knowledge complete learning courses of all Data Protection solutions as defined in quarterly goals established in the SC performance scorecard.
- Complete all required technical prerequisites and follow up and all associated paperwork (Customer Project Pages, Engagement Plan, Post POC reports, business justification, RFP response, etc)
- Conduct demonstrations and product walkthrough to customers
- Conduct product training and knowledge transfer to customers and channel partners
- To assist customers with expertise in the areas of database system performance diagnostics; database analysis; table space management and database tuning, data replication, as well as of database backup.
- To build up and maintain relationship with the technical decision maker on the customer side
- 5+ years of experience working with MS Platform implementations or management tools
- 10+ years overall related experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute procurement activities: providing response to customer questions and RFPs/RFIs, demo and trial execution, product installation and the ability to convey the architecture of a complete solution.
- 3 to 5 years Pre-Sales experience.
- A./B.S. in a computer related discipline or higher qualifications
- Track record in a similar position
- Excellent presentation, business, analytical, problem solving skills
- Extensive skills and experience administering Java application servers and at least one Database platform
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute procurement activities: RFP responses, trial execution and installation
- Prior presales and customer faced technical services experiences
- System administration or consulting experience & knowledge with Application development & design work for some combination of Database
- Extensive skills and experiences with Oracle, SQL and other RDBMS platforms and applications
- Monitoring knowledge in different technologies: end-user, web-servers, Java, .Net, SAP, PeopleSoft, VMware, etc
- Good knowledge with various Linux, Unix and Windows OS platforms
- Deep experience with a wide range of Data Protection technologies
- Experience of backup infrastructure consulting
- Experience of global DP solutions (Symantec, EMC, Veritas, CommVault and etc. )
- Experience of implementing a Backup solution at a customer site
- Excellent presentation, business, analytical, problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
- US Citizen with Valid Passport
- Willing to travel throughout the continental United States and International when required
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 3,500 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
- Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at