Correctional Food Service Director
Juvenile Service Center
CBM Managed Services, owned by Elior North America enhances people’s lives through culinary innovation and a commitment to providing exemplary service. Our family of companies, with more than 15,000 employees, provides food services and catering to over 1,300 client accounts in five industry segments across the continental United States. Elior North America is among the top contract culinary management companies in the nation.
We focus on three ingredients for success to differentiate Elior from our competitors and position our company as a disruptor in the markets we serve. To support our ingredients for success and drive our mission and values, we need talented team members throughout our family of companies. We are looking for individuals whose skills and experience align with our talent criteria to be a part of something great. Elior North America team members are working to tell our story to the industry and give organizations looking for a culinary management program the opportunity to experience a taste for something different. Do you have what it takes to be a part of the company that is, “Small enough to care…and…Big enough to make a difference”?
The Food Service Director oversees and directs the unit and ensures that the Company’s vision, goals and objectives are met based on client and contractual obligations. The Food Service Director ensures that quality nutritional food is provided to all customers and that professional standards are met and maintained in the unit.
- Oversees and directs the procurement, production, and service of food to all customers to achieve the account financial and non-financial objectives
- Meets targeted profit objective by controlling food, supply, and labor costs and maximizes sales potential through aggressive marketing and/or promotions
- Analyzes financial data and operational statistics to ensures all required weekly financial reports are sent to corporate by established deadlines
- Manages all unit personnel
- Establish unit specific goals which meet with client expectations and communicates goals regularly with client(s) to assess and discuss progress of financial and non-financial goals and objectives. Reports progress on these discussions to District Manager
- Monitors inventory and places orders utilizing quantities on hand
- Completes an assessment of and performs training with kitchen personnel in sanitation practices. Establishes cleaning schedules and other sanitary controls as required by the county and or state health department and Company policy
- Assists with maintaining the highest rating on health inspections and corrects any deficiencies
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors, clients and customers
- Able to make judgments concerning the interpretation of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to assist with sales projects and proposals
- Strong customer service orientation and capable of addressing complaints at numerous levels
- Demonstrated experience directing and controlling management activities of others to meet goals and objectives
- Strong mentor who can coach and train employees
- Must have a strong knowledge of expense management, financial planning, and strategic planning
Requirements for the Role
- A College Degree is heavily preferred and three (3) years of experience in food service management required. A College degree in food services management, business, or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of the National School Lunch Program
- Must have computer experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, including report creation and analysis, and using internet and electronic mail systems.
- Experience in menu development, catering, and production management preferred.
- Knowledge of merchandizing techniques and “special events” within a food service setting a big plus.
- ServSafe certification required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
***Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.