WE ARE HIRING!
The Office of Self-Sufficiency Programs/Oregon Health Plan which is part of the Oregon Department of Human Services is seeking a (Human Service Specialist 1) who is energetic, reliable and enjoy working with a diversity of people. If you have strong customer service skills and have experience working in a Call Center we encourage you to apply and join our team!! There is one permanent, full-time opening at the Tillamook Processing Center (4670 3rd Street).DHS is guided by our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Respect, Service Equity, Responsibility, Stewardship and Professionalism.
What you will be doing:
This position provides OHP recipients and their representatives, typically by phone, to explain rules, policies, and technical procedures to help clients resolve their concerns about health care, billing issues, and working with CCO's. This position also provides support to management and staff related to the organizations business operations.Call Center:
- Answer hotline calls from clients, their surrogates, or professional representatives on the CSU (Client Service Unit) toll-free telephone line.
- Provide specialized and technical information regarding the clients OHP health care benefits, access to primary and specialty care, coordinated care organization enrollment/disenrollment.
- Identify cases requiring more extensive research, analysis, and negotiation and refers those cases to the CSU Special Assistance Team (SAT) for follow-up.
- Reviews client and Manager Care subsystem panels in the Medical Management Information System (MMIS) to verify data for accuracy. Narrates client case record and reason for their call into the Contact Tracking Maintenance system (CTMS) and other data bases when appropriate (Tracs, One, etc).
- Always verify information in MMIS system to; ensure you are talking to the actual client; ensure information is entered correctly; confirm medical coverage and codes are accurate.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned by the manager, Human Services Specialist 4 (HSS4) or lead workers.
Occasional overtime may be required. Long periods of sitting for data entry and phone coverage. Occasional phone contact with irate or hostile callers.
We are looking for candidates with a work history that demonstrates skill with the following:
This is what you need to qualify:
- Front desk reception experience
- Experience eliciting information from applicants/recipients for a program/service
- Experience explaining rules, regulations and procedures for a program/service
- Experience with computers
- Experience processing, entering, and/or verifying detailed data
- Experience communicating with and resolving conflicts/disputes with clients or customers
- Excellent communication skills - verbally and in writing
- Excellent typing skills
- Experience working with individuals of a diverse population
- Teamwork Oriented
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Two years of experience either interviewing to obtain personal or technical information or substantial people contact. This experience must have involved a high volume of paper work (e.g., assuring information on forms is complete and accurate, completing necessary documents, etc.).
College-level courses may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis. A photocopy of your transcripts must be attached to your application materials if using college courses to meet the minimum qualifications.
Only the candidates whose experience most closely match the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Applicant E-Recruit Help and Support: http://oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/support.aspx
This quick help guide can also be found on the State Jobs Page by clicking in the Applicant E-Recruit FAQ's then click on Applicant Profile Maintenance.
E-Recruit technical support: email@example.com or call 855-524-5627 (toll free)
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be give veterans' preference. To receive preference, veterans must attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources. Veterans may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
Information on Veterans' Preference points: http://oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/Veterans.aspx
Questions and inquiries regarding this recruitment may be directed to:
Nora Leyva-Esquivel, Workforce Recruitment Consultant
If you are offered employment, the offer will be contingent upon the outcome of an abuse check, criminal records check and driving records check, and the information shall be shared with the DHS, Office of Human Resources (OHR). Any criminal or founded abuse history will be reviewed and could result in the withdrawal of the offer or termination of employment.
TTY users please use the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service: 1-800-735-2900 and ask the Telecommunications Assistant to connect you to 503-945-5698 (8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday).
If you need an alternate format of the application or assistance to participate in the hiring process please contact our ADA Office at, ADA.DHS@dhsoha.state.or.us
PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING US!
The Oregon Department of Human Services/Oregon Health Authority is committed to affirmative action, equal employment opportunity and workplace diversity.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Tillamook, Oregon
Agency: Human Services-Children, Adults & Families