Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
The Care Guide is an educator and health coach to promote our patient's self-care skills and knowledge of their medical conditions. The Care Guide is an extension of the primary care team, serving as the central facilitator to patients. His/her general functions are to guide and coordinate care according to an established care plan. He/she partners with the clinic team to engage patients, support their self-care plan, and improve the quality of life and health outcomes for patients.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Identifies barriers the patient may have to meeting health care goals and communicates with care team.
- 2. Communicates with patients, families, and providers to maintain coordination of care.
- 3. Engages family and friend support in a formal and consistent manner.
- 4. Serves as health coach, referring any advice or medical instructions to the appropriate clinical team member.
- 5. Schedules patient appointments, performs detailed chart review, facilitates messages and referral management.
- 6. Provides appropriate patient education within scope and training following the information available on Intermountain patient handouts and other approved education sources.
- 7. At the direction of a physician or licensed independent practitioner, assists patients in use of self-management tools such as home blood pressure monitors, diet and exercise plans, accesses shared-decision making content, signs up and educates patients on the use of the patient portal (My Health) and instructs on use of self-care applications.
- Entry Rate: $14.35 (based on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part-time shifts, 24 hours/week.
- Department:Herefordshire Clinic
- 36 credit hours of college coursework,
or Two years of work experience in healthcare,
or Two years military service experience,
or Two years of experience navigating a complex organizational system, e.g. college/university studies, military service, healthcare organization, federal programs.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative, team-oriented work experience
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong computer skills and willingness to continuously improve them: navigating reporting platforms, managing data spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and the internet
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands in a high-paced clinic environment
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Two years of college healthcare related coursework
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Activation Date: Friday, November 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 22, 2018