HOME2 SUITES BY HILTON
, a full-service hospitality company based in Rapid City, South Dakota, announces the grand opening of the newest property in the Black Hills, Home2 Suites by Hilton Rapid City. At Home2 Suites, accommodations are specifically designed to offer today’s tech-savvy and budget-conscious traveler an engaging and inviting environment. Whether they’re in for a few weeks or just a long weekend, guests will find flexible, functional amenities and the distinctive comfort of Home2.
Position: Assistant General Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Assistant General Manager leads the staff as coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance, and Food Service standards. This includes the assessment of staff and property by “walking” the site and leading the team on a continual basis throughout the day. The Assistant General Manager will hire team members, manage performance, communicate feedback, administer discipline and train the team in successful performance of their jobs. The AGM provides effective guest service and is responsible for the total site in the absence of the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Hotel GM with the day-to-day operations of the property including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, laundry and sales.
- Responsible for goal setting, motivation/ discipline of employees, labor expense control, control of general expenses and resolving guest related issues in accordance with the company goals.
- The AGM will direct and manage property operations to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control).
- Oversees the guest service function to ensure corrective action is taken to resolve guest complaints and ensure superior guest service is delivered.
- The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
- Will be responsible to complete the duties of General Manager during times when the General Manager is not available.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Energetic, self motivated leader with strong work ethic required
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills required
- Ability to direct, oversee multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and interact with employees on every level
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word, knowledge of property management software systems a must
- Local market knowledge experience a plus, with emphasis on local, corporate and group business
- Health / Dental / Vision / Life
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer