Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Remote Security Officer provides services for a variety of large and small business clients in remote settings where health, safety and security is our #1 priority. This is a remote camp setting on the North Slope of Alaska. All duties are to be performed in accordance with NMS’ mission, vision, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Personally monitors and patrols either visually or electronically a variety of assigned buildings, areas, or grounds.
- Permits only properly authorized individuals to enter the property.
- Patrols premises and examines doors, windows, and gates to determine they are secure.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, etc.
- Warns violators of rule infractions and may apprehend or expel violators.
- Notifies on-site individuals of visitors wishing to see them.
- Properly responds to a variety of emergencies or disasters in order to preserve life and property.
- Operates camp billeting and access control systems and maintains a list of visitors or authorized companies/personnel who are allowed access to various areas.
- Checks heating, lighting, sprinkling, security, ventilation, fire, etc., systems to make sure they are operational.
- Provides transportation services using a variety of vehicles ranging from standard passenger vehicles to large passenger buses and off-road vehicles
- Provides emergency medical intervention including CPR, AED and patient movement.
- Notify supervisor if safety and sanitation standards are not being met.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least three (3) years of full time professional security, law enforcement or military experience.
- Post-secondary educationin a related field may be substituted for experience.
- A valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be able to obtain and pay the Alaska Guard License fee of $97.00 prior to beginning work.
- Must obtain a State of Alaska Armed Guard License upon hire.
- As per contract requirements, must have hand gun handling experience skills to pass a law enforcement style qualification
- Must be eligible for qualify for various certifications such as TWIC, ATF Explosive Possessor card, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills to include but not limited to Microsoft office and contract specific software.
- Must pass all pre-employment contract requirements which may include but are not limited to: criminal background check,hair follicle drug test,physical and fit for duty assessment and hearing test. Applicants not located near a testing facility are responsible for paying for travel to the nearest testing facility.
- Must be able to live in dormitory style settings and meet cleanliness requirements of the remote camp.
- Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
- Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to work a 2 week on / 2 week off rotational schedule.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to Loud
Description of environment: This position is located on the North Slope of Alaska at remote camps and surrounding facilities.
Must constantly be able to stand, site, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch.
Physical requirements: Fit For Duty Test
- Lift 50 lbs. from floor to knuckle x2
- Lift 50 lbs. from floor to waist x2
- Carry35 lbs. with two hands for a minimum distance of 150 feet, self-paced but continuous
- Push horizontally with a peak force of 60 f-lbs. with two hands.
- Pull horizontally with a peak force of 60 f-lbs. with two hands.
- Perform alternate cross over toe touches x10 each side, self-paced but continuous.
- Kneel on one knee and stand. Return to kneel on opposite knee. Repeat alternate kneeling sequence x 3 for each knee, self-paced but continuous,
- From a supine, recumbent position, while wearing arctic gear, test recipient must be able to stand without assistance x 3, self-paced (this task must be accomplished safely without significant loss of balance or falling and without assistance). Allow one re-test when there is a loss of balance considered unsafe or a fall.)
- Walk on a treadmill at 3 MPH for 10 minutes with good balance
- Climb up and down 10 steps x 2 for a total of 20 steps, self-paced.
- Climb up and down 10 steps x2 for a total of 20 steps while carrying 30 lbs. in one hand and using the other hand to gasp a railing for safety, self-paced.
- Perform shovel test
- The shovel simulation is conducted for a test period of three (3) minutes, self-paced but continuous using a standard snow shovel with a 3 lb. weight attached to the shovel blade.
- Customer Service – Provides outstanding customer service; manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to other ideas.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes incident, logs and other reports clearly; able to read and interpret written information.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us email@example.com