- This posting will close at 5:00 pm on Monday, November 26, 2018
- This is a temporary position for 5 months (December - April)
- Location: District Office
- Hours: 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday
- Approximate start date: December 3, 2018
- Insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision) during time of employment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
Job Classification:Secretarial Services
Job Title:Human Resources Assistant - Receptionist
The job of Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist is done for the purpose of responding to inquiries at the District Office from district staff, the public, etc. to provide requested information and/or referral to other parties; and providing general clerical support to the Human Resources Department as may be assigned. Provides information to potential substitute applicants and responds to calls from school sites regarding substitute staffing needs. Assists with onboarding new employees. This position does not supervise and employees. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources or designee.
- Answersmultiline telecommunication system for the District for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Greetsvisitors (i.e. applicants, parents, students, vendors, public, etc.) for the purpose of responding to their inquirIes and/or directing them to appropriate personnel in accordance with District policies regarding building security.
- Interpretsverbal communication of non-English speaking parties for the purpose of assisting in communication between parties and school district personnel.
- Maintainsand processes a variety of employment files and records, for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Maintainsphone system (i.e. voice mail, system orientation, updating extensions, etc.) for the purpose of providing essential telephone communication within the building.
- Performsrecord keeping and a broad array of general and program specific clerical functions (i.e. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting assigned administrator and/or department with necessary materials.
- Preparesapplication packets for the purpose of providing necessary information to fill vacancies.
- Receivesdeliveries, supplies and messages for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Respondsto emergency calls for the purpose of notifying appropriate parties to address immediate safety and/or security issues.
- Respondsto inquiries of staff, other educational institutions, the public, parents and/or students for the purpose of identifying appropriate parties to address immediate issues.
- Schedulesinterviews, testing, etc. for the purpose of processing applicants efficiently.
- Screensemployment applications for the purpose of validating applicant qualifications compared to posted requirements.
- Enrollsnew substitutes (i.e. payroll information) for the purpose of providing information regarding district policIes, automated computer system and processing employee compensation.
- Screensinquiries of staff, parents and the public, etc. (i.e. phone calls, visitors, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Assistsother personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities, including serving as back up to main reception line.
- Maintainsconsistent and predictable attendance to meet the requirements of the position.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
Education:High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience:Prior job related receptionist or human resources experience paid or volunteer, preferably in schools, preferred
Skills:Operation of a computer, standard office machines, telephone and other technology equipment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication, including correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling. Excellent organization skills. Skills to perform basic arithmetic calculations, operate standard office equipment, use English in verbal and written form, use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling, and perform basic clerical functions.
Abilities:Work harmoniously with others. Work and communicate effectively with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds in English, Spanish, or other languages related to the job. Work independently without supervision, and with minimum oral/written instructions. Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, maintain confidentiality of student records, meet schedules and deadlines, read/interpret/apply rules, regulations and policies. Work independently without supervision, and with minimum oral/written instructions. Ability to rapidly learn methods and materials used in accounting systems.
Knowledge:Knowledge of human resources responsibilities, regulations, policies and procedures preferred..
Continuing Education/Training Clearances:Pre-employment criminal justice fingerprint clearance and criminal background check.
- In an eight-hour day employee may:
- Stand/Walk [ ] None[ ] 1-3 hrs[ ] 3-5 hrs[X] 5-8 hrs
- Sit [ ] None[ ] 1-3 hrs[ ] 3-5 hrs[X] 5-8 hrs
- Drive [ ] None[X] 1-3 hrs[ ] 3-5 hrs[ ] 5-8 hrs
- Employee may use hands for repetitive:
- [X] Single Grasping [X] Pushing and Pulling [X] Fine Manipulation
- Employee may use feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls:
- Employee may need to:
- Bend [X] Frequently [ ] Occasionally[ ] Not at all
- Squat [X] Frequently [ ] Occasionally[ ] Not at all
- Climb Stairs [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally[ ] Not at all
- Lift [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally[ ] Not at all
- [ ] Sedentary Work: Lifting 10 pounds occasionally with frequent sitting and occasional standing/walking.
- [ ] Light Work: Lifting 20 pounds occasionally with occasional sitting and frequent standing/walking.
- [X] Medium Work: Lifting 50 occasionally, 25 pounds frequently with occasional sitting and frequent standing/walking.
- [ ] Medium Heavy Work: Lifting 75 pounds occasionally, 35 pounds frequently with occasional sitting and frequent standing/walking.
- [ ] Heavy Work: Lifting 100 pounds occasionally, 50 pounds frequently with occasional sitting and frequent standing/walking.
The Forest Grove School District is an equal opportunity employer and provides services to the public on an equal opportunity basis and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of public services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, citizenship or marital status.