The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for developing and maintaining positive working relationships between union and management. Interpret, analyze and apply Collective Bargaining Agreements for Salary Bargaining Unit Employees. Provide council and advice regarding performance management and discipline matters. The role requires effective conflict resolution and coaching skills. Other duties include negotiation of Local CBA; grievance process through 2nd step and support for all related litigation; investigation all SOC/policy violations, EEOC and other workplace claims.
The Human Resources Generalist is also responsible for all aspects of the hiring process from requisition creation through on-boarding/orientation of the new hire. Responsibilities include: Administration of all employment transactions for NBU and SBU; I-9 management; and maintenance of all employee records. The Human Resources Generalist must have strong knowledge of federal and State of Arizona Employment Law (e-verify), ensure compliance for all necessary training, all aspects of the PLM process, administration and compliance of Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines, and lead all aspects of community service projects/United Way campaign.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
* Minimum of 5 years of combined experience in Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Talent Management/Employment
* Strong Microsoft Office computer skills
* Strong follow-up skills
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Ability to interact with all levels of management
* Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
* Advanced degree
* Understanding of all aspects of PLM
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled