DHS18-1922 - Limited Duration
We Are Hiring
The is looking for a highly organized, energetic and reliable Operations Support Staff with exceptional clerical experience. Our ideal candidate has excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills. Here's your opportunity to join a team committed to providing exceptional customer service to the residents of Oregon. Put your customer service and coordinating skills to work, and join our District Office team.
There is a Human Services Specialist 1
position currently open. This employment opportunity is with our Self-Sufficiency Programs. There is ONE (1) Limited Duration, full-time opening in Oregon City located at 315 S Beavercreek Rd .
This position is represented by a union.The Human Services Specialist 1
will provide district wide support to various functions throughout the district office. This will include administrative support for the district manager and district leadership team. The position will also provide clerical and office support to district office staff. This will include support for donations, volunteer activities, district events, and district leadership activities.
For an inside look into the Oregon Department of Human Services please visit
District Office Support:
Volunteer Program Support:
- Coordinate scheduling for leadership teams
- Maintain branch mail room
- Complete regular inventory of all office supplies and ensure needed supplies are available.
- Assemble new employee and volunteer packets
- Participate as a team member on the branch safety committee.
Annual Events and Various Projects:
- Manage E-Coordinator
- Follow up with volunteers around records and volunteer time recording.
- Monitor yearly training updates
- Monitor background check timelines
- Foster Children Holiday party, Holiday gifts, Christmas tree distribution
- Food boxes coordination
- All donations for the community including quilts, coat closet and lobby donations.
- Group supervision for visitations
- Scheduling and logistics for district wide & inter district trainings and meetings
Northwest Children's Outreach:
- Manage negotiable items as well as physical donations, ensuring receipts for all.
- Receive worker requests for items and connect with resources.
Other duties as assigned
- Collect and enter all requests
- Pick up and distribute items
Requires valid driver's license or other acceptable method of transportation. Requires the ability to move about the office regularly. Some lifting of moderately heavy objects and pushing of office carts. Exposure to computer monitor for long periods of time.
Minimum QualificationsTwo years
of experience either interviewing to obtain personal or technical information or substantial people contact. This experience must have involved a high volume of paper work (e.g., assuring information on forms is complete and accurate, completing necessary documents, etc.).
College-level courses may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis. A photocopy of your transcripts must be attached to your application materials if using college courses to meet the minimum qualifications.
Only the candidates whose experience most closely match the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview.
- Reading and comprehending technical material.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Verbal and written communication with the public.
- Prioritizing and managing work to accomplish both ongoing and emergent duties.
- Eliciting information regarding a client's personal situation.
- Using and/or operating office equipment.
- Experience processing, entering, and/or verifying detailed data.
- Experience clearly demonstrating the ability to provide outstanding customer service by phone, in-person and by e-mail.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and manage multiple tasks with interruptions, as well as manage the workload with competing deadlines.
- Experience with heavy call volume.
- De-escalation skills.
- Practice privacy and confidentiality.
Job Type: Limited Duration
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Agency: Human Services-Children, Adults & Families