GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs the full range of journeyman level carpenter duties in commercial construction, door and hardware installation, finishing, and repair of buildings, furniture, and other wood products. Considered a safety sensitive position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Not Necessarily Limited To)
1. Perform all jobs and responsibilities in a safe manner as depicted in school district policies and procedures.
2. Interpret and work from drawings and plans. Need to be able to communicate in writing.
3. Communicate and works with local and state governing authorities regarding building code compliance.
4. Performs repair, troubleshoot and installation of all types of commercial HVAC equipment.
5. Prepares plans, makes drawings and sketches of projects, and estimates costs and orders materials.
6. Participates in necessary preventative maintenance to HVAC units and mechanical areas as assigned.
7. Able to perform work from ladders and heights.
8. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Willingness to work some overtime and night work.
9. Complies with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
10. Maintains tools and equipment in good working condition.
11. Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment.
12. Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
13. Must have worked on commercial construction projects, over $750,000.
14. May assist other trades as needed.
15. May inventory and make recommendations concerning purchase of materials and equipment.
16. Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
17. Must possess knowledge of Commercial Building Codes.
18. Minimum Experience of 7 years in Commercial HVAC repair and installation.
19. Must possess EPA 608 and Universal Certification.
20. Must have a CDL or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
21. Must have vast knowledge of commercial HVAC and control installation.
22. Must have worked on commercial construction projects in excess of 25,000 square feet.