Fulton, AR, USA
Fulton/CT1 Generating Station / Full Time
An Instrument Technician ensures smooth and efficient operation of the power plant or plants by maintaining all plant instruments, indicating and recording devices, controls, and the plant electrical system wherever located. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
- Performs maintenance, calibration, and repair on plant control and electrical systems hardware and software including but not limited to combustion turbines, control systems, generator excitation and voltage control systems, and balance of plant control systems.
- Maintains plant continuous emissions monitoring systems as required for compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Reviews maintenance work orders, develops and follows a schedule of inspection and testing pertaining to instruments and electric service necessary to optimize plant operation and alarm condition monitoring.
- Maintains plant communication equipment including digital control networks (T3000), intercom/PA systems, telecom systems, and wireless data systems. Maintains the plant electric service system, industrial power devices, lights, heat, air conditioning, services wiring and auxiliary power batteries.
- Maintains and utilizes historical plant performance database, interprets control system software, and performs data analysis as needed to support plant systems troubleshooting, maintenance troubleshooting, or engineering evaluation.
- Implements modifications, as directed, to various control and electrical systems by procuring competitive pricing, installing the equipment, configuring software or settings for proper function, and updating drawings.
- Adjusts control system parameters as necessary to optimize control loop tuning and alarm condition monitoring.
- Leads efforts to troubleshoot plant systems and makes recommendations to correct problems.
- Coordinates with supervisor in developing and maintaining a stock of spare parts and special tools required to service plant instruments and electrical system
- Ability to analyze complex problems under the pressure of an emergency condition and respond accordingly, without on-site supervision.
*EEI Position Testing will be conducted as part of the selection process.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam.
- Associate degree in Instrumentation or similar field or High School Diploma/GED, plus at least 5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accruals
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.