Janitor is responsible for keeping offices, buildings and facilities in clean and orderly condition. Duties may include performing unscheduled activities, notifying management of the need for servicing, and additional cleaning.
The Janitor conducts, but is not limited to:
- Perform periodic cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Gathers and empties trash to include trashcans in the close proximity of exterior main entrances
- Services, supplies and cleans restrooms
- Cleans and polishes furniture drinking fountain fixtures, windows, glass partitions and mirrors using appropriate cleaning products and sponges
- Dusting of office furniture, walls machines and equipment
- Mixes water and detergents in containers according to product specifications to prevent damage to floors, fixtures or furniture
- Spot clean or shampoo carpets, strip, seal, finish and polish floors
- Drives vehicles (Vans) for travel to various worksites
- May have to move equipment and supplies either manually or by using a hand truck
- Notifies leads and/or manager of need of any major equipment repairs or additions needed in custodial services
- Informs leads and/or manager of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Wash, dry and fold rags, towels, etc.
- Other Related Duties
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- General custodial demands
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- One (1) year of related janitorial experience preferred
- Knowledge of floor care equipment such as burnishers and buffers is preferred
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must be able to pass a criminal background security investigation in order to work in assigned areas
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
EEO Statement: AMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AMS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AMS employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.