Lactation Consultant job in north Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Lactation Consultantjob is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Holidays off
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Day shift schedule
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
Lactation Consultant Job Overview:
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Provides comprehensive care to the perinatal mother desiring to lactate.
- Assesses mothers and newborns for normal/abnormal anatomy to determine ability to breastfeed.
- Creates a milieu that promotes learning for staff and patients.
- Conducts bedside lactation rounds daily.
- Integrates cultural, psychosocial, nutritional, and pharmacological aspects of breastfeeding into lactation consultant practice.
- Acts as an advocate for breastfeeding in the community, workplace, and within the health care professions.
- Maintains comprehensive client records.
- Consults with mothers having breastfeeding difficulties.
- Participates appropriately in communication and decision-making activities within the Birthing Center and Pediatric Clinic.
- Appropriately refers breastfeeding mothers for breast pump rentals and supplies.
- Plans, teaches and conducts in-service education for maternity nursing staff.
- Plans, organizes and delivers lactation management services to all breastfeeding patients, both in-patient and out-patient.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Conducts quality assurance programs to monitor the caliber of the program.
- Will be an active member of the BreastfeedingTask Force.
- Will round on every inpatient breast mother at least once a day. Will respond to staff and patient needs throughout the shift for lactation consults.
- Acts as an advocate for breastfeeding.
- Document in patient's comprehensive medical records electronic; to insure continuity of care easily reviewed by providers and nursing staff. This will include both inpatient and outpatient record systems.
- Consults with mothers and infants having breastfeeding difficulties both inpatient and outpatient.
- Ensures patient receive a prescription from providers for breastpump reimbursement as needed
- Conducts chart audits on inpatient and outpatient charts to monitor breastfeeding statistics. Will keep a running spread sheet for tracking and report monthly to the Breastfeeding Task Force.
Lactation Consultant Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree of Nursing
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Three years of experience in nursing as a Lactation Consultant
- Board Certification: International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.