About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a General Maintenance Worker in Ft. Wainwright, Alaska.
** This position is contingent upon contract award. **
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replaces light bulbs, cleans light fixture lenses, performs minor repairs and interior surfaces, performs housekeeping duties in all mechanical rooms and central energy plant, replaces air filters in air handling units, and replaces damaged ceiling tiles.
- Loads and unloads heavy boxes, bulky supplies, and materials to and from trucks, dollies, etc.; moves heavy boxes, cartons, hand-truck, or dolly; opens crates and boxes.
- Operates lawnmowers and weed eaters, clears small trees and bushes using hatchet, handsaw, or clipper.
- Operates a skid steer loader to accomplish various tasks to include but not limited to, snow removal and unloading cargo from delivery trucks.
- Moves and arranges furniture as directed.
- Assists journeymen maintenance personnel in the performance of their duties as required.
- Washes the exterior of the hospital and windows while operating a high-reach man lift.
- Cleans all windows after washing the exterior of the hospital using a squeegee, window cleaner, and clean rags.
High school diploma or GED is required.
Must have good verbal communication skills and customer service skills.
Must have between 3 – 6 years of experience as a Maintenance Worker or helper.
- General knowledge of basic carpentry, general repairs, electrical, and painting.
- Must be able to move/lift heavy objects, climb vertical ladders, work at heights and be proficient in the use of common hand and power tools.
- Must be job safety oriented and work flexible schedule.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.