Direct and coordinate activities associated with a high volume manufacturing facility. Provide leadership responsibility to achieve goals and foster an atmosphere of safety, quality, schedule accomplishment, and productivity through teamwork and continuous improvement.
The first shift Manufacturing Supervisor will direct and coordinate activities associated with a high volume manufacturing facility. Provide leadership responsibility to achieve goals and foster an atmosphere of safety, quality, schedule accomplishment, and productivity through teamwork and continuous improvement.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment for all associates, enforcing all safety regulations
- Foster the Big Ideas through respect for employees, customer focus, flow, waste elimination, and employee involvement
- Provide leadership in accordance to CIE-ME leadership approach (challenge the process, inspire a shared vision, enable others to act, model the way, encourage the heart)
- Lead team to world class manufacturing capability through the advancement of the Lean Keys
- Analyze and resolve work problems, drive problem-solving, and/or assist workers in solving issues.
- Understand and actively promote the Watts Performance System
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities to insure high levels of customer service, keeping in mind efficiency and costs.
- Coordinate with support groups such as maintenance, planning, engineering and quality control to achieve e efficient utilization of labor, machines, and equipment
- Respond to associate concerns accordingly and work with subordinates and human resources to discuss and eliminate potential problems. (there is a lot in this original bullet—I would reorganize and strike some of it as noted)
- Drive Tiered Daily Management efforts, monitor local metrics throughout the work shift and analyze summary data for trends and improvement opportunities
- Coach and mentor associates to increase capabilities and develop skills
- Insure the area help chain is functioning properly
- Develop and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve required goals
- Oversee employee training efforts and drive cross training program to increase production flexibility
- Create, implement and update standard work documents. Audit for appropriate use of standard work.
- Work with engineering to develop and implement methods and procedures designed to eliminate waste and improve product quality
- Manage staffing levels, work schedules, vacations, and overtime to meet customer delivery schedules while simultaneously meeting productivity objectives
- Maintain appropriate time and production records
- Manage associate responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for: interviewing, training and assimilating new associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing associate complaints and resolving issues
- Uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Sustain routine housekeeping to ensure area operates within parameters that conform to environmental and safety standards.
- Must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abide by safety rules.
- Must report any job related injury and/or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Must maintain attendance and punctuality standards as established by company.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years related experience or equivalent education and experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing.
Working knowledge of manufacturing operating system and experience utilizing Microsoft Office.
Strong supervisory, leadership and communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds alone, 80 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work in manufacturing environment.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.