ABB is seeking a Marketing Manager for the High Voltage Instrument Transformer business in its Lexington, Kentucky location. This role is responsible for successful sales and marketing of high voltage instrument transformer products for the US market and globally for the SSVT product line through successful account development and maintenance working with Front End Sales and the production facilities to meet required budget orders while maintaining product margin objectives. Working with the ABB SCM for Arteche products, maintain the business relationship with the high voltage partner through quarterly business review meetings providing sales success updates and needed product improvements and successful day to day interactions necessary to land target opportunities. Through voice of the customer interaction, finding niche product development areas to enhance the growth and profitability of the overall HVIT business. This role is responsible for developing the orders budget (DOE) for high voltage instrument transformers for the Crystal Springs oil-filled product line, the 230kV+ Arteche product line and other ABB factories (SF6 and NCIT) for the US Domestic Market Sales and to set orders goals globally for the SSVT product line. Manage a group of Application and Quotation Engineers who support Front End Sales with quotations via the SFDC (Salesforce.com) tool and sales support of the products in the US territory for CT, VT, and Metering products (oil-filled, SF6 and NCIT) and globally for SSVTs. The position is also responsible for product collateral /literature for the products offered in accordance with latest branding requirements. You will be working with the HUB Business Unit IS Team, supporting the development of configurator tools to interface with SFDC to improve the efficiency of the quoting process. Working with the Operating Unit Manager, maintain pricing strategy and implement a list price multiplier tool. Continue to promote the HVIT product line with FES through target customer presentations and via webinars focusing on areas where sales improvement is needed.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensure the marketing group is compliant with ABB Policies, Laws & Regulations including integrity and HSE requirements;
• Drive the Core Values and Behaviors defined by the Operating Unit Manager;
• Orders Pipeline Forecast to meet/exceed resulting objectives;
• Meet desired product mix, plant loading, price quality and profit margins;
• Manage targeted opportunities, providing continuous support and direction to the Proposal & Application Engineers;
• Manage the marketing organization to provide necessary product support coverage at the targeted T&E cost;
• Train and mentor Application and Proposal engineers, assess technical and sales skills and develop where needed;
• Ensure that ABB meets customer expectations and all contractual obligations, legal Ts&Cs training required;
• Drive the ABB core competencies value add with customers to increase sales;
• Work with FES to plan sales strategy and develop specific sales plans for major negotiations;
• Develop and maintain key account contacts with major frame agreement accounts;
• Provide product literature support (ABB PowerPoints, brochures, drawings, flyers, etc. in necessary languages)
• Evaluate Competitive Product Offerings – provide competitive product comparisons.
• Maintain the Focus Customer List for account development.
• Provide technical and professional direction, resources, advice and development opportunities to marketing staff;
• Foster a work environment that is positive and provides employees stimulus for performance and allows growth potential.
• Lead and participate in market analysis to determine commercial viability of products, requirements and risks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Marketing or Business Administration and a minimum of 12 years of experience in High Voltage Instrument Transformers.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
• Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills.
• Preferred knowledge of SalesForce CRM system and Pivot table analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com