ABB is welcoming students for ABB Internship Program: Operations for Engineers in Senatobia, Mississippi. The ABB Internship Program - Operations for Engineers is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 12 to 14 week paid internship, students will work on projects that have measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by ABB leaders.
The objective of the internship is to develop students through practical manufacturing and operations experiences, as well as assist in the personal development of leadership attributes through training, networking and coaching. The assignments will help the participant develop a wide range of leadership and functional responsibilities within the field of operations. Opportunities are available for those students interested in specific engineering functions such as Operations, Lean/Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Operational Excellence, Quality, Order Management, or Supply Chain.
After completion of the internship, and upon graduation, your experience and newly acquired skills could steer you to a variety of career paths, such as full time employment in one of our many fulltime roles. The possible roles include Operational Excellence, Supply Chain, Quality, Lean/Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, Front Line Supervision, or many others.
Basic Qualifications (including Educational Requirements):
• Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree engineering program with a major in electrical, mechanical, industrial, industrial & systems, engineering technology, engineering management, aerospace, aeronautical or manufacturing from accredited institution.
• Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (please do not round)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
• Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship Program
• Engineering major in mechanical, electrical, industrial or manufacturing.
• Prior internship or co-op experience
• Completion of sophomore year by the start of the internship
• Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
• Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expense for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
• The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com