Deeply entwined with Arizona history since 1929, The Wigwam welcomes you to come make a little history of your own. The Wigwam is a Four Diamond property with 331 guest rooms spanned across 440 acres. The Wigwam is a renowned Arizona landmark, nestled in the community of Litchfield Park, AZ and with a true representation of an authentic Arizona experience. The Wigwam is the only Resort in Arizona with three, 18-hole championship golf courses. Our signature 26,000 sq. ft. spa, LeMonds- Aveda Salon and Spa, features 15 luxurious treatment rooms, a full service salon and a private coed lap pool. The dining experiences cater to any occasion. At our signature farm-to-table restaurant, Litchfield’s, guests can enjoy a four-diamond meal with all locally sourced produce, Red’s Bar & Grill offers approachable and soul-warming cuisine with a relaxed vibe, and the Wigwam Bar is the resort’s social hub – a community courtyard in Litchfield Park where locals and guests alike meet for everything from early morning lattés to a late evening of live music and cocktails. The Wigwam is currently seeking enthusiastic, driven individuals, with a great attitude and passion for excellence. If you would like to join our culture of caring and make some history at The Wigwam, please apply online. The Wigwam is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
This Sales Manager position is for the West Coast with a preference to living in market.
The National Sales Manager is primarily responsible for handling customer inquiries and lead requests for groups. This position can be based remotel or local in Arizona. The incumbent will work with customers to align customer preferences with hotel needs and actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. This position will also ensure that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The incumbent is responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. This National Sales Manager will process business correspondence and create contracts and other related booking documentation as required. This position requires excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
The National Sales Manager has overall responsibility for transacting group customer inquiries and lead requests and achieving revenue and booking goals. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming group opportunities that are within pre-defined parameters and deployment. Refer opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
- Work collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g. on-property resources) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Understand the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
- Ensure business booked is within hotel parameters. Close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and the property’s needs.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence). Transfer accurate, complete, and timely information to the Events department in accordance with hotel and brand standards.
- Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Develop and manage catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provide forecasting reports.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and actively utilize company marketing initiative/incentives to close business.
- Follow up on opportunities uncovered by the proactive sales team.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices.
- Promote accountability to drive superior business results. Includes successful execution of Sales strategies and business processes.
- Establish clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
- Effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Bring issues to the attention of property and sales leadership team as appropriate
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the brand.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales and marketing group sales experience in the hospitality industry.
- Relevant university or college qualification or degree.
- Understanding of market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
- Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).