Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager position is a civilian position providing services within the extensive military medical system, which provides services to active duty service members, military retirees, and their families. Civilian and military personnel work together in the hospitals and clinics.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job highlights:
- Holidays off
- Benefits (health, dental, and vision)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job overview:
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP) and ensure that the CMP meets established case management (CM) standards of care.
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. Identify opportunities for CM and identify and integrate local CM processes.
- Develop and implement local strategies using inpatient, outpatient, onsite and telephonic CM
- Develop and implement tools to support case management, such as those used for patient identification and patient assessment, clinical practice guidelines, algorithms, CM software, and databases for community resources.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrating nursing case management with social work case management.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations.
- Accurately collect and document patient care data.
- Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal of optimal wellness.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure proper implementation of patient treatment plan and follow-up post discharge in ambulatory and community health care settings.
- Provide appropriate health care instruction to patient and/or caregivers based on identified learning needs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job qualifications:
- Associates Degree of Nursing (ADN)
- Graduate from an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Two years of experience in full time clinical nursing case manager after graduation.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to effectively apply the following core case management functions: a) Assessment: Identification of patients for case management; comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care; b) Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care; c) Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties; d) Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregivers to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received.
- Must be knowledgeable in medical privacy and confidentiality HIPAA, AAAHC, and TJC.
- RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Board Certification: one of the following certifications OR meet requirements under the experience section above.
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
Position contingent upon contact award. Incumbents encouraged to contact us.
Come join our team!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive. Position contingent upon contract award.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.