*** pay $11.50/hr****
This is a winter position, with a tentative start date in December
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Accept inbound calls from guest inquiries for Snowbird Backcountry Guides. Process reservations for Snowcat Skiing, Avalanche Education and Backcountry Tours, gives information by telephone or in person concerning rates, availability, resort facilities, etc. Updates calendar and reservation system, communicates with managers any reservation or schedule or client issues.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Responds to telephone & email requests from customers for reservations.
2. Provides information about rates/package options, payments, cancellation policies, resort facilities, etc.
3. Upsells reservations to all guests.
4. Enters reservation information in the computer system and charges credit cards at time of booking.
5. Revises reservation records and document changes to keep records current.
6. Additional projects and duties as assigned that assist in meeting the overall department goals.
7. Travel: N/A
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to ski or snowboard.
Skills & Knowledge
Requires ability to operate computer, typing speed of 30 w.p.m., operate 10-key calculator.
Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Must be able to coordinate several duties at one time and deal effectively with the caller.
- Regularly scheduled work shifts, requires being on-call and working weekends, holidays, and some evenings.
- Specific Shift: Split shift from 8 am -11 am then from 3pm-8pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- General office environment with limited physical activity.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.