ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips Alaska and its heritage companies have more than 50 years of business history in Alaska. As Alaska’s largest oil and gas producer, the company produced an average 182 thousand barrels of oil in 2017. ConocoPhillips, with about 1,100 Alaska employees, holds major ownership interests in the Prudhoe Bay Unit, the Kuparuk River Unit, and the Colville River Unit (Alpine). ConocoPhillips operates the Kuparuk and Alpine oil fields on the North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
ConocoPhillips Alaska is recruiting for a machinist at our Kuparuk operation on the North Slope of Alaska. Kuparuk is the second largest production field in North America. The position will be remotely based working a 14 days on/14 days off schedule.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support all Kuparuk operations and maintenance groups on a wide variety of basic machining operations in a safe, economic and environmentally sound manner
- Performing minor maintenance to shop equipment and assisting maintenance crafts as needed
- Perform repairs to rotating equipment and individual components in support of the Mechanical crafts
- Actively participate with other Team members to troubleshoot and repair heavy-duty industrial equipment in accordance with acceptable standards
- Safely execute machinist work within the proper-engineered guidelines
- Seek consultation from proper Technical Authority when presented requests that require special approvals
- Participation in all field safety processes to achieve a zero incident operation culture
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of industrial precision machinist experience
- Proficient with the operation and maintenance of lathe, vertical and horizontal mills, surface grinder, and radial drill press
- Proficient with reading blueprints and working from pattern parts
- Intermediate level of experience working to precise tolerances using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, gage blocks and standards
- 5+ years of experience with industrial turbines, compressors, and pumps
- Willing to work on complex repairs and fabrication projects with minimal supervision, both in the machine shop and in the field
- Experience with balancing equipment
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or completion of a formal training program in the machinist trade
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Knowledge of industrial materials including metals and thermoplastics
- Experience with oil industry equipment including down hole and fishing tools, valves, and well head equipment
- Field machining experience including flange facing and portable milling
- Experience with threading, lapping, tool and cutter grinding, insert tooling, and tool post grinding
- Arctic experience
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering results while maintaining a safe environment
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 5, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.