Department: DLT Pharmacy
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Manager, District Pharmacy Coordinator
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience by embracing the Customer 1st strategy. . Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, control all established quality assurance standards and expenses, and properly schedule and staff technicians to the needs of the business. Monitor all functions, duties and activities for the department. Assistant Pharmacy Manager will have responsibilities including customer service, operational work flow, technician supervision, and patient consultation. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfill prescription needs of customers while concentrating on accuracy of every prescription filled. Provide patient counseling and pharmaceutical care to customers as necessary.
- Responsible for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws (including HIPAA) governing the practice of pharmacy for department.
- Achieve professional image through personal appearance, conduct and attitude and the physical condition of the pharmacy. Adhere to pharmacy standards. Enforce company dress standards.
- Achieve thorough knowledge of trade area, customers and competition.
- Create Pharmacy department image of service, friendliness and cooperativeness with customers, company employees and outside vendors.
- Monitor stock replenishment, inventory levels, policy and procedures, record keeping, security, sanitation, scheduling, proper operation of all equipment, pricing, planograms, returns, budgets, reports to management, and product recalls per company policy.
- Maintain proper records, inventory and security on all scheduled drugs (controlled substances-narcotics).
- Follow procedures for handling pharmacy products from authorized sources - Peyton being primary source.
- Ensure all accuracy tools including the accuracy scanner and 24-Hour Post Dispensing Audit are utilized appropriately.
- Establish and maintain all record keeping necessary for legal compliance, Kroger policy, Accounting policy and other reports requested.
- Maintain clean, neat work area, including work counter, shelves, floor, and customer counter to present a professional, sanitary, organized image to customers.
- Insure all product returns are handled in a timely fashion and per company policy.
- Maintain all equipment in working condition: computers, printers, accuracy scanner, and cash register.
- Maintain and organize all policy manuals, reference books, state laws and required equipment and verify all staff knowledgeable of use.
- Maintain proper signing in all areas necessary: store hours, counseling sign, services signs, pharmacists' photographs and names, and all other signs requested.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Current State Pharmacist Licensure in good standing
- Effective communication skills
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail experience (1-2 years)
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License