DSHS Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 2 at Washington State
- Buckley, WA 98321
We're hiring a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator at Rainier School, which is a Residential Habilitative Center for those with developmental disabilities. Working within a class 2 wastewater treatment facility, you'll be the lead wastewater treatment operator to maintain the campus water distribution system.
Hours of work are 6:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Sunday.
**Some of what you'll do**
* Inspect plant and advise regarding maintenance, operation, and safety concerns
* Prepare reports on wastewater and water treatment plant operations
* Perform analytical testing of water treatment plant chemical operations for plant efficiency
* Recommend corrective actions
* Maintain charts and records
* Clean and maintain reservoirs and catch basins
**What we're looking for**
* Certification by Department of Ecology as a Group 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator OR a valid Washington State Certificate of Competency issued by the Department of Health as a Water Treatment Plant Operator 2 or Water Distribution Manager 2.
* An ability to keep licenses/certifications current.
* Availability for standby status on evenings and weekends in order to respond to plant emergencies.
* Ability to work in all weather conditions at any time of the day, work in confined spaces, and have contact with individuals who are developmentally disabled, who may exhibit challenging behavior.
* Knowledge of water treatment methods, tools, and techniques used in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant and water distribution system.
If you have questions about the application process, contact Anthony Distefano at email@example.com or call 360-725-5825.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384. 11397
*Salary:* $4,378.00 - $5,203.00 Monthly
*Location:* Pierce County – Buckley, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Dept. of Social and Health Services
*Job Number:* 2018-11397
*Closing:* 12/3/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact