Martin Marietta, an American company and a member of the S&P 500 index, is a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Caribbean, and dedicated teams transforming more than 100 years of irreplaceable natural resources into the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live. Martin Marietta’s Magnesia Specialties business provides a full range of magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide and dolomitic lime products.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
The Plant Operator position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the aggregate processing plants and conveying equipment.
- Operate monitoring system that transfers aggregate material from primary processing area to finished material stockpiles
- Maintain consistent and efficient operation of plant
- Continuously monitor throughput and output to ensure optimum operating efficiencies and maximum production levels
- Assess the quality of materials and maintain a log of any changes in product or plant characteristics and notify QC immediately of any perceived quality issues
- Perform preventive maintenance and pre-shift inspections; repair and/or clean equipment as needed
- Responsible for overall housekeeping including plant, equipment, control room, and site
- Assist in training of co-workers as needed
- Follow all safety rules, regulations and procedures as set forth by the Federal and State agencies and company policies
- Complete all needed paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform other duties as required
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient in equipment, mechanical, and operational logic
- Ability to diagnose and trouble-shoot equipment malfunctions or failures
- Ability to formulate decisions, makes and support recommendations, prioritize work, communicate with employees and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationship with all levels of management, staff and customers
- Excellent work ethic and self-starter; punctuality, accuracy and good attendance a must
- Computer/PC literate
- Must be able to work irregular shifts and weekends as required
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- 2+ years mining plant operation preferred
- Current working knowledge of MSHA Part 46
- Heavy equipment operation
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day
- Ability to operate radio, CB radio, computer and other equipment as required
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around all areas of equipment
- Lift up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to walk across steep/rough terrain
- Ability to use hand tools such as shovels, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs
- Will work in varied environments (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions)
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.