A world leader in the design and manufacture of positive-displacement piston pumps for a wide variety of analytical, clinical, preparative, and fluid-metering applications.
Assists the Assembly and Test Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager and other Planners with planning, expediting and prioritizing production.
1. Assists in maintaining a sufficient level of work in critical work centers by expediting shortages, reviewing actual work loads and order status with manufacturing supervisors and production lead personnel, releasing work orders earlier than planned, and as necessary resolving potential hold ups. Controls work-in-process shortages by assisting with authorizing the issuing of production work orders based on component availability. Work load balancing based on cell capacity.
2. Reviews the “Lot Size Calculation” to determine the optimum quantity of released but unprinted manufactured orders. Reviews and adjusts order policies in the “Item Master.”
3. Works as a team with the manufacturing areas to assist in meeting the production schedule. Looks for ways to increase the efficiency of the areas he/she is responsible for scheduling by making recommendations for improved material flow and management.
4. Assists in the implementation of design changes by coordinating deviations and rework for assigned manufacturing work centers. Negotiates effective dates with Engineering or other concerned departments by researching current stock position and advising the cost of implementing the change based on scrap and rework cost.
5. In the absence of the Assembly and Test Supervisor, quotes availability of equipment for rush customer orders to Sales and Order Entry Departments by checking inventory levels, quantity of units previously sold but not shipped and estimating ship date of units still in the production stage.
6. Assists work centers in resolving inventory discrepancies. Enters shelf count updates and adjustments.
7. Supports the Order Fulfillment Department by establishing priorities for Factory Orders and assisting with paperwork issues.
8. Assists Assembly and Test Supervisor and Manufacturing Manager with new part coding, routing or needed changes to routings by distributing forms and prints to appropriate areas, entering new part routings and following up as necessary on routings remaining in the development process.
9. Provides for system tracking of returned units by releasing work orders for units on Return Unit Disposition forms.
10. Establishes and maintains specific part number data base information including safety stock levels, stocking locations, cycle count intervals, multiples and yield.
11. Maintains excellent business relations with all co-workers. Cooperates and communicates in a professional manner to accomplish the overall goals of the company.
12. Assists in achieving the goals of Teledyne by performing other duties as may be assigned.
Two years of college or AAS Degree
Three years of work experience, manufacturing preferred
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is preferred
Must possess a thorough understanding of MRP and Lean Manufacturing.
Ability to work independently and make correct decisions.
Must have experience using a computer and spreadsheets. Excel and Word experience is preferred.
Must have basic math skills.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively to communicate and understand work instructions.
Planning knowledge is a must for success in this position.
Excellent people skills needed to work with internal customers.
Physical and/or Mental Demands:
Constant close visual work to compile, analyze, compute and compare data.
Regularly requires ability to function under adversity and pressure from customers, time constraints, peer personnel and with frequent interruptions.
Regularly requires excellent reasoning and decision making abilities to decide a course of action.
Regularly requires talking and hearing to communicate with internal customers and staff.
Regular repetitive fingering for keyboard entry.
Occasional standing or bending to file or retrieve from files various records and reports. Will be required to move about production shop areas to communicate with Supervisors and Managers.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.