ACCO Brands, the Home of GREAT Brands built by GREAT People, is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion.
We are seeking a Quality Inspector for our Distribution Center to work in our Booneville facility first shift.
This position starts at $12.28 an hour. We also offer outstanding benefits, paid vacation, and an excellent working environment. The employee that joins our team is immediately eligible to sign up for our GREAT benefits package.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Perform roving audits of materials, products, and processes for compliance, accuracy, and functionality.
- Completes and processes necessary documentation and/or paperwork.
- Provide trouble-shooting and problem solving assistance.
- Read pertinent documentation as required to verify correct products and components (i.e. - Bills of Material (BOM) and/or Bills of Lading (BOL).
- Verifies accuracy of finished goods - labeling, location, etc…
- Works with others regarding new product implementation, packaging and labeling.
- Helps develop and implement standard work instructions, process documentation, and audit procedures and processes.
- Maintain accurate records of audit activities.
- Explain problems or findings to plant management and reports audit performance results.
- Authority to stop production or place a product and/or materials on “Quality Hold” when unacceptable product/material is discovered.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as Company rules and policies.
- Perform tasks with limited or no supervision.
- Work overtime as required.
- Maintain satisfactory performance levels.
- Able to organize and direct special projects with minimal direction as required.
- Participate in process improvement teams.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Have a High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Able to use various instruments and equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, hardness gauge, fork lift, pallet jack, etc…).
- Able to type 25+ words per minute
- Able to use a personal computer - Word, Excel, WMS, etc..
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with other departments.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- In manufacturing areas, able to lift up to 35 pounds on a limited basis (up to 12% of time).
- In distribution areas, able to lift up to 60 pounds on a limited basis (up to 12% of time).
- Operations Environment (Manufacturing/Distribution)
- Exposed to external environment occasionally
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.